Bathing suit ideas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, Pete, you know we Florida chicks are all just trouble. No other state in the union will let me stay, so Florida is stuck with me. :)

Julie

I am just back from diving in Cozumel. I dove 3 times a day and can tell you that a Lycra Skin (no neoprene) was an absolute necessity!

Why? The jellyfish and fire coral.

What would have been better then my Speedo tank or Lands'End D-cup suit? A Tankini.

Why? Bathroom needs on a boat.

--Starfish

Also a lycra suit for sun protection or else I would have fried my skin off!

P.S. I know you shouldn't touch the coral, but there was always someone who came up from going through the canyons and "caves" with fire coral stings.

Star,
I'm on my way to Cozumel in a few weeks. Who did you dive with? How about a dive report. I've been there several times, and never had any of the problems you say you saw there. Is it because of the storms this time of year?
:sunny:

The sun index was 10+ every day we were there. I burn easily and even with SPF 30 have a heavy tan on my face and arms (I kept my legs better undercover).

My husband, particularly his ears, got a brunt of sun and he had to purchase a hat. He tried to keep lotion on them, but needed the hat.

The jellyfish may have been a result of the Tropical Storm that had gone through the week before. I had no stings, but one woman in our party (who only wore a t-shirt over her suit) had stings everywhere.

The fire coral usually effected people who were taking photos.

We dove with Dive Paradise.

Ok if you say so.

Like you said, "Hot chicks in neoprene, gawd I love this place."

ID....The Cyber Voyeur

I saw this thread and I had a quick read and I never considered a dive skin before.

When diving, I hate wearing all in one costumes so I where bikinis....however, I also have experienced a few embarrassing moments myself where you pull down a bit more than perhaps intended....I think one of my next purchases will have to be a dive skin.

An unexpected thank you to you all -x-

I just love it when the "guys" join in in a thread like this don't you?

When diving wet (aka neoprene) I always use a skin.I had one made for me by a local sportwear place ($70 Cdn) as I have long arms and legs, and nothing in the local diveshops fit. Makes life sooooo much easier. Not only getting the neoprene on and off, but also proctects you from the sideshows.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom