Bathing suit ideas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To Natasha,
I must confess, I had already decided on a diveskin before I actually read the recent posts on this thread. The one I've decided on is from Diving Duds, because my height and weight fits their size chart the best. It's only $54.95 also, which is a good price.

To Iguana Don,
See, you still have lots to learn! A man's idea of "there's no such thing as too much", conflicts with most women's idea of "they just get in the way, and make clothes hard to fit."

ROFLOL! you men ARE funny!

fibromyalgia?

Sounds like electro shock treatment for a tropical disease!

Thanks for reminding me that I needed to update my profile about my certification level.

Fibromyalgia is a neuromuscular disease that is difficult to explain, and difficult to diagnose. It is not very well understood, either. It causes extreme fatigue and muscle pain. People with Fibromyalgia always have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, too, but people with CFIDS don't always have Fibromyalgia. FMS sufferers cannot benefit from aerobic exercise the way normal people do, because our muscles don't get enough oxygen from the red blood cells. So, where a normal person would get increased oxygen from exercise, and strengthen the muscles, an person with FMS could actually damage the muscles from the same amount of exercise. We do, however, need some exercise, just not as intense and not as much. We just don't get the benefit from aerobic activity the same way. That's where the pain and fatigue comes in. Our muscles feel like twisted rope when you run your fingers over them, because the fascia becomes tight and stuck together. Fascia is the stuff that holds the muscle groups together and becomes the tendons that hold the muscle to the bone. It's the thin, transparent stuff you see on a chicken breast when you pull the skin off. FMS also causes symptoms of short term memory problems, concentration problems, and other cognitive problems. Is this more info than you wanted? You can go to
http://www.fibromyalgiasupport.com/
and get more information. To give you an example of the fatigue associated with FMS, I can tell you this: You may be a little tired from a day a diving, but I need about 4 or 5 days to get over a day consisting of 3 dives. I just had to have a cortisone shot in my right knee from walking around carrying the equipment on my last day of diving. I have injured that knee in the past, though. Most people in my condition wouldn't attempt to do something like scuba diving. I already had to quit most of the athletic pursuits that I love, like long distance bicycle riding and racing. I hope this helps. People with FMS also have problems with depression because of the constant, and chronic pain. It gets pretty rough being in pain day in and day out. It can be really intense pain, too. Everyone with FMS is different, but mine was caused by a bad car accident, and I have it pretty bad. If you have any further questions you may e-mail me personally.

Patty,

I am sorry, I didn't realize your situation. Thanks for the information and taking the time to explain.

Let me see if I can find that thread on Nitrox.

Don

Hey Artsprite...

My Aunt has has it and it is rough on her. I do not envy you... you are brave to keep diving, but it probably will help you in the long run...

As for the Chronic Fatigue Syndrome... I get that from just having teenagers in the house!!!

As for the "Extra Cleavage" I have to agree with Don, and point out that it qualifies as an oxymoron, which is not to be confused with a NitrOxymoron which would be the infamous ID, himself. But don't fret too much ladies... I like that "athletic look" too...

:tease:

ID....I was just working the visions of loveliness in my mind when you had to "come out" and announce

......yes you wear a "SPEEDO"!!!! Now look what you have done to my visions.

Butch :peace:

Tom......I can understand the sporty comment. Wearing biker shorts would make you look sporty. Ha Ha

Butch :peace:

You can never be too rich, too thin, or...
have large enough boobs? NAH! Think again!

Thanks NetDoc for the encouragement, and FMS is very rough indeed. I'm in pain right now.
The underwater part of scuba diving is great exercise for someone with FMS...
It's the walking around topside with all the weight that's so BAD.
My knee is killing me. Don't know what I'm going to do. I have to try to strengthen it some before continuing this.

Maybe that's the third part of my statement above...
Can't have large enough quads!

p.s. WHERE DO YOU GET ALL THOSE EXTRA LITTLE EMOTIONS AND OTHER SYMBOLS?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom