BCD rental question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hartl0602

Registered
Reaction score
Northern Illinois - round lake to be exact
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm going on a cruise soon and was debating on leaving my BCD at home, as i'm not sure where I'm going to be able to hang everything to dry. Having never used a jacket bc (own and trained on a back inflate) i was wondering what i should expect, are there noticeable differences underwater in there performance?

Thanks

Sean

cruise ship diving the convenience of renting far outweighs the benefits of bringing your own stuff for entry level dives with a cruise outfit

I wouldn't be concerned about the different so keep it simple and rent.

After 450 or so jacket dives I man now using a BP&W. The harness configuration is nice but the inflater is in essentially the same place and lift is lift. If you have started to use any other dump valve like the butt dump you will want to pay attention to that on the rental They could even be on the opposite side!

If your diving to date has been in your home water you are probably going to be enjoying minimal neoprene on this trip. Diving will be ridiculously easy and the BC will barely matter.

Have fun!

pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom