Belize Diving Information

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you need any further guidance for trips to Belize, you can contact my wife, who is a travel agent and has booked our seven or eight trips to Belize that we have taken.

She can work up a decent travel itinerary for you that would keep you within budget and suggest some inexpensive places to eat while there. The flights are the main concern, as you have to sort of accommodate the schedule of the local airlines, but we never seem to spend that much while there, and she has some information on quality hotels that are clean and can save you some money.

Let me know if you are interested and I will get you her e-aail.

I went to Belize a few years ago and I spent $1000 for 10 days not including my room, but that was just $30/day. My flight was $550 round trip, food was very cheap, you can find locals to do excursions with cheap too. Maybe I just know how to travel on a budget.

Wendy :

Did the $1000 include your diving also?

Both my wife and I would be interested in doing a min. 2 tank dive daily. Throw in a trip to the Blue Hole or one of the other larger dive locations and the cost adds up quick. If it did include your diving and food, then for 8 days of diving/food for 2, $1600, add $800 for airfare for 2 to Belize; total $2400 plus/minus. It all keeps coming back to about $2500. I would be very interested to hear from the people who said you can go for much less than $2500, including air/food and diving daily for 8 days. How would you do it????

Any replys??

Yes, that was with out diving.

But food was cheap. You'll be eating good if you budget $100/day for food.

Per Person, this is what we typically pay for one week in Belize (San Pedro), with five days worth of two tank dives not including the Blue Hole or Turneffe Elbow trips or food:

Roundtrip International flight: $510.00
Roundtrip Inter-island flight: $90.00
Hotel in center of town: $332.00 for one week for two, or fancier hotel can be $623.00 for two for a week.
Diving per day (two tanks) $60.00, so five days would be $300.00 per person.

You can expect to pay around $30.00 a day per person for food, but you can spend much less depending on where you go, so that could be as high as $420.00 for two for a week, or as low as $200.00 - even less. But really, are you looking to save money on food? It could save you a hundred dollars or so for the week - not much difference, and you would be missing out on one of the better parts of being there.

However, since the Blue Hole can run you just under $200.00 (the Elbow is less - about $160.00) per person, you might want to consider saving elsewhere.

While diving the reef off of Ambergris Caye is safe and the spots are easy to reach, you have to go with an authorized dive shop out to the Blue Hole, since it is a park and you are paying for the use of it.

The main pain of going to Belize is the air fare. If you can save there, accommodations and food are not that bad, but cheap accommodations are becoming rarer as Belize increases in popularity. Some dive shops offer packages that include air, hotel, and five days of two tank diving that offer convenience, but are unlikely to save you that much money.

Jeff just got back from Ambergris Caye last week and stayed at Banyan Bay very nice condos, very clean ,nice pool and good eats, loved the blue hole dive. Good dive shop is north of Banyan Bay, Ambergris divers. 2 tank dives $55.00, dove with them every day, had a great time.

Back
Top Bottom