Bent. I guess it really can happen to me.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's been several months since I watched this. I'll have to go back and see what you're talking about.

Only watched about 7mins, Not sure if I see it.
I'm not expert but I was horrified at the dangling octo at 1:46 min into the video, just kidding.
I see 484 dives with 22 hits.
Then a deficit of 172 dives at the end of the comparisons and only 17 hits.
I don't understand the warm at 97 degrees and cold at 80, 80 is severe hypothermia. What exactly were the temps referring to? What is phase-clamped? I could apply that to electricity but no idea on thermal.

Edit: Opps, doing what I was complaining about in this thread earlier, off topic, sorry.

....gave up drinking alcohol completely nearly 8 years ago......
THAT is the problem!

Jokes aside, I would like to thank you for sharing your story.
My DAN card is always with me.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

It says you're using ZHL-16C+GF. What Gradient Factors are you using?

The way I interpret the manual, you can only adjust the Gradient Factor when using closed circuit mode. One thing I can tell you for sure is that with this computer in REC mode, there is no adjustment of the algorithm available whatsoever. Not even a setting for different levels of conservativeness. Never bothered me much before, but now I wish I had a way to set it more conservative for me. The manual claims that the factory setting is conservative in REC mode.

The way I interpret the manual, you can only adjust the Gradient Factor when using closed circuit mode. One thing I can tell you for sure is that with this computer in REC mode, there is no adjustment of the algorithm available whatsoever. Not even a setting for different levels of conservativeness. Never bothered me much before, but now I wish I had a way to set it more conservative for me. The manual claims that the factory setting is conservative in REC mode.

What make/model computer is this?

I think PFO is highly unlikely, given 20 years of successful dives.

I wouldn't rule it out though. A buddy of mine had been diving for at least ten years....including staged decompression tech diving...and on a little bimble of a recreational dive to 75 ft, first dive of the day and no diving the week before, he had a hit that affected one half of his body once he was back on the boat. At first they thought he'd had a stroke, but after hospitalization and testing a PFO was discovered. He had surgery, about 9 months off to recover, and is back diving.

Back
Top Bottom