Best Booster for Rebreathers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am starting to think about a booster myself as well, rebuilding doesn't scare me but parts availability does. But my budget is smaller, a Usun would fit in nicely.

I will have to find this FB group, but there's a lot of people here with great advice too. I'm basically planning to top off rebreather bottles and bailout bottles, not filling from empty. Of course, I'd love a small compressor too, but I don't have any plans to cut dive shops out of my life.

I am starting to think about a booster myself as well, rebuilding doesn't scare me but parts availability does. But my budget is smaller, a Usun would fit in nicely.

I will have to find this FB group, but there's a lot of people here with great advice too. I'm basically planning to top off rebreather bottles and bailout bottles, not filling from empty. Of course, I'd love a small compressor too, but I don't have any plans to cut dive shops out of my life.

Just look up gas blenders on fb, and you'll find the group.

Since I got my booster and rebreather, I rarely use my compressor. It is very nice for the times that I need it, but they're becoming fewer and fewer. I've considered selling it and if I need air or 32% for some reason for mixing, I have tons of tanks I can get filled at a dive shop and then boost. But I highly doubt I'll do that. I just hate seeing the compressor unused since I know it's not good for it.

if you have acces to a compressor then just blend you He and o2 and get the shop to top up with air - i use a worksop compressor and an airdryer to drive the booster

Im pretty stinkin happy with my Masterline :)

Make me jealous:rant:, even though I've still got 75K liters of O2 at 300Bar in the garage.

Michael
How many cu’ is that? Lol
You’re in the country now. Start using proper imperial units.

Im pretty stinkin happy with my Masterline :)

Did you get the one with the vfd attached or just the standard? When I ordered mine the integrated VFD wasn't an option. I've considered adding one

There’s no need for the VFD

there is if you want to slow it down... slowing it down with regulators has got to be the stupidest f*cking thing I have ever heard of in this community, and yes I know it is a recommendation from the manufacturer, which is also quite possibly the stupidest f*cking thing I have ever heard

I agree it’s not necessary for the most part. Every once in a while I’ve got one small bottle that needs filled and it would be nice to slow down the motor speed some. But it’s not a necessary add on.
there is if you want to slow it down... slowing it down with regulators has got to be the stupidest f*cking thing I have ever heard of in this community, and yes I know it is a recommendation from the manufacturer, which is also quite possibly the stupidest f*cking thing I have ever heard

it seems masterline has heard the same since they’re now starting to add them.

Back
Top Bottom