Best Deals on Singles BP/W

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

[QUOTE="Eric Sedletzky,]
If you’re looking for streamlined I recommend @OWIC647 ’s VDH wing. It’s the ticket from what I have seen personally.
[/QUOTE]
Thanks Eric! Threads like this are always good for boosting wing sales :) Sold out of #18's almost out of #23's.....

Thanks. I checked out the DSS website, but didn’t see the #26. Maybe yours is an older model or it is out of stock. (Hopefully you didn’t mistype the lift.....being wrong on this thread can get ugly! :))

Check out the Mares XR line. It is even more narrow that my DSS LCD wing.

Sorry guys but I am afraid that for Soloist its a VDH Argonaut wing or no wing. :wink: :hugs:

If the diver in the original post will contact me directly I will match the $299.00 price advertised elsewhere plus shipping on a #23 wing, aluminum backplate, DIR harness and quick release bands with stainless buckles.....Then they can report back to the board on quality, fit and finish and customer service from VDH.

If the diver in the original post will contact me directly I will match the $299.00 price advertised elsewhere plus shipping on a #23 wing, aluminum backplate, DIR harness and quick release bands with stainless buckles.....Then they can report back to the board on quality, fit and finish and customer service from VDH.
@niknik ^^^ mic drop

Thank you....I'm very pleased with the wing/plate combos I offer these days and I've done a tremendous amount of work getting the best possible quality at a price point that's attractive to most divers. Try as I might, I sometimes get a little PO'd when I read negative or derogatory stuff posted by keyboard divers who neither know me or have ever used anything I offer....Goes back to the famous saying on SB ....I don't know it, don't teach it, don't dive it so therefore it must be crap mentality....

I used to recommend Oxycheq Mach V wings, but the price to features/quality is off, IMO. The price spiked on Oxy when everyone elses prices were stable, so I’m thinking something else is going on with the company, who knows? I don’t really care because I am done with them. However a customer recently came in to set up a plate to a new Oxy, so I have seen an Oxy and they did change the inner bladder to the newer pinch flat resistant material.
Their grommets are also really thick and required longer bracket bolts.

Looking at the NESS website, the Oxycheq 30 lb. is priced at $320 and available in a variety of colors. The DSS wing is $304, the Dive Rite is $300, the Hollis is $300, the HOG is $300, most other wings are in the same price range except for Apeks and Scubapro which are higher. At the low end of the price range is the Deep6 for $250 ($225 for the 20 lb), the DGX wing at $200 and the Sporas Tek at $150.

I am not sure why you think they are overpriced.

Does anyone have any long term feedback as to how well the DGX wing stands up?

Looking at the specs, it seems like they have a pretty heavy outer shell, but a thin bladder.

Looking at the NESS website, the Oxycheq 30 lb. is priced at $320 and available in a variety of colors. The DSS wing is $304, the Dive Rite is $300, the Hollis is $300, the HOG is $300, most other wings are in the same price range except for Apeks and Scubapro which are higher. At the low end of the price range is the Deep6 for $250 ($225 for the 20 lb), the DGX wing at $200 and the Sporas Tek at $150.

I am not sure why you think they are overpriced.
Those are reduced prices not retail.
Look at MSRP. If you notice the other brands don’t have a crossed out first figure. You can’t count on cut rate internet prices as actual long term price quotes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom