Best Dry Glove Ring System

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So would I be wrong in assuming you would need to purchase both for the complete setup?

Unfortunately for your wallet you are not wrong. Although I haven't seen the price for just glove side rings. DRIS sell the standard set but with the new Fitted rings I'm guessing they will also need to sell glove side only or make a package for "complete" fitted system.

---------- Post added March 15th, 2015 at 12:12 PM ----------

Have a look here for a rough price guide of all things Kubi:

KUBIstore.com

I read the whole thread. The Kubi setup with fitted rings sounds really nice.

Am I correct in thinking that if I just bought the new "fitted" rings (for $145 at DRiS), I could have them installed on my suit (currently have bottleneck latex seals), and then I would be able to easily replace the wrist seals with silicon or latex in the field (i.e. in just a minute or two)?

And if I do that, I would also have to buy a set of wrist seals immediately, too, right? Installing the fitted rings means my current seals are removed and gone?

And then I could also use the DRiS pull-over gloves for dry gloves, instead of buying the Kubi gloves and glove-side rings?

I want dry gloves and I am paranoid about tearing a seal on my new dry suit. Spending $260 for the Kubi glove kit plus another $145 for the fitted suit rings, plus labor and the cost of a set of silicon seals all seems a bit excessive at this point. If just getting the $145 kit plus some seals and some $13 pull-over gloves would get me going, that would be awesome. Then I could add the Kubi gloves and glove rings later, if I want. Right?

Am I correct in thinking that if I just bought the new "fitted" rings (for $145 at DRiS), I could have them installed on my suit (currently have bottleneck latex seals), and then I would be able to easily replace the wrist seals with silicon or latex in the field (i.e. in just a minute or two)?

And if I do that, I would also have to buy a set of wrist seals immediately, too, right? Installing the fitted rings means my current seals are removed and gone?

And then I could also use the DRiS pull-over gloves for dry gloves, instead of buying the Kubi gloves and glove-side rings?

I want dry gloves and I am paranoid about tearing a seal on my new dry suit. Spending $260 for the Kubi glove kit plus another $145 for the fitted suit rings, plus labor and the cost of a set of silicon seals all seems a bit excessive at this point. If just getting the $145 kit plus some seals and some $13 pull-over gloves would get me going, that would be awesome. Then I could add the Kubi gloves and glove rings later, if I want. Right?

Yes and yes.

Expensive yes, but if the fitted system is as reliable as the gloves then it will be a great system. Worth it? To me yes. I'm getting the rings fitted by DRIS at the end of my winter season.

Maybe not. Not too sure that you would be able to use pull over gloves as the rings are internal not external like the Sitech.

Maybe not. Not too sure that you would be able to use pull over gloves as the rings are internal not external like the Sitech.

Thanks. I decided that plan is off the table anyway. I talked to the guys at DRiS. I actually tried to order the regular (non-fitted) Kubi setup. Unfortunately, they didn't have my size in stock and wouldn't be able to get them in time for my quarry visit this weekend, so I ordered nothing and will dive with wet gloves this weekend. I don't think we'll be going very deep, so hopefully wet gloves will be fine.

Anyway... the big reason that fitted rings are off the table for me is that DRiS confirmed that it should work fine to be able to use the regular rings and sandwich in a second latex wrist seal in the event the one that is attached to the suit gets damaged. Obviously, as long as the damage is not between the ring and the suit sleeve.

Assuming I can use the non-fitted rings and do a field repair of a ripped or torn wrist seal, plus still have dry gloves, that is what I would prefer. Being able to take the rings off when I'm not using dry gloves is very appealing to me at this stage of the game.

I will also get some of the "dry" tape from DRiS to keep with my replacement seal. That should make it where a rip in the wrist seal means I don't miss any dives, most of the time, and, worst-case, I miss the rest of a day's diving and use the dry tape, a hair dryer, and a replacement seal to actually replace the torn seal overnight.

buddhasummer - did you get the suit side rings? If so, do you have a pic?

No, not yet I'm waiting till the end of my drysuit season in June so won't get done until then. I'll certainly post pics etc once done.

I was recently in contact with Peter, Mr. Kubi, enquiring as to what seals can be used with the fitted rings, he said normal latex seals and Sitech silicone will all work with the O rings Kubi supplies but that if you want to use the thick heavy duty latex seals you'll need to shop around for a thinner but stronger O ring as the HD seals are too thick to use with supplied O rings. I'm going to order some normal latex seals and sitech silicone and try them both out.

Hello there, been lurking around this forum for some time and sorry for reviving this thread, but some of you might find this interesting.... I´m using this system: Produkte Easy to attach, easy to don/doff. Had used the SITech Antares system before and some other ring systems but this is the first I really am content with!

Back
Top Bottom