Best Full Foot Fin????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sturgeon

Reaction score
Hello,

Looking for peoples opinions on the best full foot fin they've used. I'll be doing my IDC and doing a lot of diving. I know people love the quattros, but I can't find them with a full-foot pocket. Also I'm a woman with a small foot (size 7 1/2 womans). I know that fins are a hotly debated topic here. I'm looking for a good all-around fin that will be good for mostly flutter-kicking, instructing...Thanks for all input!!!

sturgeon:
Hello,

Looking for peoples opinions on the best full foot fin they've used. I'll be doing my IDC and doing a lot of diving. I know people love the quattros, but I can't find them with a full-foot pocket. Also I'm a woman with a small foot (size 7 1/2 womans). I know that fins are a hotly debated topic here. I'm looking for a good all-around fin that will be good for mostly flutter-kicking, instructing...Thanks for all input!!!

If you have got the legs for it, I still prefer the Quattros. Try this web link for the full foot version.
http://www.diversdirect.com/scripts...tem=14414&Template=9990000001000999&Group=148

MaresMan1:
If you have got the legs for it, I still prefer the Quattros. Try this web link for the full foot version.
http://www.diversdirect.com/scripts...tem=14414&Template=9990000001000999&Group=148

Yeah, I've checked out this version, but it's quite a bit longer and I'm pretty sure that it'll be too big. As far as whether or not I've "got the legs for it"...I guess that's up for debate. Holy smokes, I'm only 5'4" and 100 lbs...just a mere waif of a gal. I'm having a hard time finding all kinds of stuff that fits! I'm in good shape...skinny little legs...but I'd like to think I'm pretty strong. ahaha ha. Thanks for the input though...Maybe I'll still go with these and just wear socks....What does MaresMan think of the x-vision masks for a petite face???

sturgeon:
I'm pretty sure that it'll be too big.
Those Mares full foots are pretty lightweight.... Maybe you can talk your local dive shop into letting you try a set. Anyway, I have seen some pretty small folks use some pretty big fins.... You will never know for sure until you try some out.

By the way, Why the full foot?

No Fish:
Those Mares full foots are pretty lightweight.... Maybe you can talk your local dive shop into letting you try a set. Anyway, I have seen some pretty small folks use some pretty big fins.... You will never know for sure until you try some out.

By the way, Why the full foot?

I think I may be going with the Scubapro TwinJets...They make 'em in my size and it looks like people here like them, and find them fairly powerful/versatile. I'm looking at full foot because I'll be diving my brains out in the Caribbean for a while and think they just make the whole process of getting in and out of the water easier/quicker...no fussing with buckles and booties...they also just feel better. I've got a really narrow foot and open heels just feel like I've got buckets on my feet...

I think they are easier too. However, in the neverending quest to carry around more stuff, I still use my boots/fins more often.

Sturgeon, If you go with the Twin Jets, get them in black. The other colors are too soft to provide good propulsion. Also, take a look at the Mares Avanti Tre and Volo Race. Both come in small sizes. When I was at Grand Cayman a few weeks ago the video lady, who had small feet, was using the Volo Race and liked them. (Most of the other dive guides used the Mares Quattro Power, and I just picked up a pair & will get to try them out next week.)

In this fin comparison, the TUSA full foot split fins (FF-9) came out on top of those tested (although not by a large margin). Interesting reading there, and interesting reults. But, never forget, the bottom line is still personal preference.

-=[Gabe]=-
Dive More in '04!!

DivesWithTurtle:
In this fin comparison, the TUSA full foot split fins (FF-9) came out on top of those tested (although not by a large margin). Interesting reading there, and interesting reults. But, never forget, the bottom line is still personal preference.

-=[Gabe]=-
Dive More in '04!!

AND the Tusa only costs $35. I like mine, but use an Aqua Lung full foot when shooting video. The Aqua Lung is stiffer which works better for me when I need to make small movements.

I have heard good things about the Aeris Velocity Full Foot Fin but haven't tried it. My son has a pair of the open heel version and loves them.

RJ

Back
Top Bottom