Best way to attach Octo/backup regulator to BCD?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tenover

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Just wondering what the best method is to attach my octo/backup regulator to my BCD to allow for quick(emergency) removal for buddy breathing....?

A way from Simply Scuba

[video=youtube;UxhSvTi4MaM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxhSvTi4MaM[/video]

go with a bungied necklace.....

+1 on a necklace. I bought one of the rubbery ones in lieu of making my own

If you aren't into the bungied necklace go with one of these

2179-DEFAULT-l.jpg

Should cost almost 2.00 at LDS. Circle end hold it on BC's shoulder D-ring, rectangle end for octo (in case it wasn't obvious)

+1 Bungee necklace

+1 Second-best option is a basic snorkel-holder... or the variation shown by CT Sean.

Ignore all the plastic gimmick nonsense that hangs off the shelves at your LDS... none of it comes close to work nearly as well, or being anywhere near as cheap, as the two options above.

+1 Bungee necklace

+1 Second-best option is a basic snorkel-holder... or the variation shown by CT Sean.

Ignore all the plastic gimmick nonsense that hangs off the shelves at your LDS... none of it comes close to work nearly as well, or being anywhere near as cheap, as the two options above.

exactly what I was just going to post :)

Take a length of 3/16" bungee, tie a square knot so you form a loop. Now loop it onto itself around your D-ring, slip mouthpiece of octo into loop, making sure the zip tie knotch is hooked as well.

It's more robust than a snorkel keeper or those keepers CT Sean posted, and it's incredibly easy to deploy and stow while still being tight enough to hold your octo in place. This is because unlike snorkel keepers, bungee can stretch :wink:

Just wondering what the best method is to attach my octo/backup regulator to my BCD to allow for quick(emergency) removal for buddy breathing....?

Like this, bungee'd around your neck.

LGSPRNS.jpg
images

You can buy them pre-made and they look like this.

99210863-260x260-0-0_MANTA+Manta+Regulator+Necklace+Necklaces+Chains+an.jpg

How do you make your own?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom