Best way to Pack??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

metalmat

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I will be going to Aruba in a few weeks and was wondering if there is a good way to pack. I will be bringing my fins, boots, shorty, Bc, Regs, snorkle ,mask I have a mesh bag 28"-12"-12" which i want to get as much in as possible then but that bag in a duffle to hide it all and keep it together.... although i will be carrying on my regs and camera is there a "right way" to load the bag???

metalmat:
I will be going to Aruba in a few weeks and was wondering if there is a good way to pack.

Yes, let your butler do it.

Stuff the regs in the checked bag.

Hide it? From who? Nobody wants your SCUBA gear, it has no resale value. In these days of TSA, if they want to open it, they will. Great idea to stuff the mesh bag in a duffel, but don't overanalyze it.

Put the fins on the outside as solid bumpers, spare shoes or flipflops as well. Use your wetsuit to cushion everything else. If you have a prescription mask, carry it as you would any prescription item. Otherwise, pony up and buy a poly box to safely protect it from the inevitable.

I don't worry about gear getting stolen. I do worry about it getting damaged by baggage handlers and/or TSA folks.

I put my fin on the bottom of my Akon roller duffle. Then I fold 2 beach towels along the bottom (for added padding). I put my BC to one side and on the other I fold up my boat bag. On top of that bag but one side, I put the small mesh bag with booties and gloves. I put the wetsuit on top and my Princeton Tec light is cushioned between it and the BC (but also folded up in some clothes. I shove smaller ditty bags containing tank lights and batteries along the edges, along with the snorkel and my prescription mask in it's hard case.

i have the poly case for it i was thinkin ... fins on the sides bc in the middle all else inside the bc ??

thats exactly what I do- everything inside the BC and buckled up.

more importantly- enjoy aruba!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom