Blue Springs Free Dive....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

well I have opted for Natural Springs Resort in New Paris, OH - only 15 minutes further from my house in Indy, much better accomodations, especially for the camping diver, and amenities for the non diver as well - not as deep but viz about the same and I think more critters

TheHobster:
well I have opted for Natural Springs Resort in New Paris, OH - only 15 minutes further from my house in Indy, much better accomodations, especially for the camping diver, and amenities for the non diver as well - not as deep but viz about the same and I think more critters

I think it is a good place for the family outing. A agree that their accommodation is outstanding with the locker room, restroom, snack bar, and shower facility. But, it is too shallow and viz isn’t good due to many classes going on the weekend. BTW, the entrance fee is $16, not $15 anymore just for the reference.

hoosier:

BTW, the entrance fee is $16, not $15 anymore just for the reference.

Don't know where the $15 came from, but remember the $16 does include a tank of air as well - also, regarding viz, if you take the line all the way to the wall and go right, you are out of the way of the student muck for the most part - I have seen incredible viz there, approaching 30' - it is an especially great October dive

I know it's shallow, 26' is deepest I have seen, same as France Park; but is a great place for club functions, classes and family dive outings, especially if there is a non-diver or two in the family - where else can you dive all day, camp, and enjoy a hot tub after playing beach volleyball?

TheHobster:
Don't know where the $15 came from, but remember the $16 does include a tank of air as well - also, regarding viz, if you take the line all the way to the wall and go right, you are out of the way of the student muck for the most part - I have seen incredible viz there, approaching 30' - it is an especially great October dive

I know it's shallow, 26' is deepest I have seen, same as France Park; but is a great place for club functions, classes and family dive outings, especially if there is a non-diver or two in the family - where else can you dive all day, camp, and enjoy a hot tub after playing beach volleyball?

I agree Preston and that is why I will not be going to pay for diving at BS I will either go to France Park or elsewhere. I am glad to see there are some instructors who will take a stand. thanx Preston.

worst is a friend took one of my studensts for an EANx dive to Blue Springs and they charged him as he had only 1 student!

TheHobster:

As I recall based on the previous report on the Natural Springs, it was $15. So, It isn't a big deal though. Like I said, it is for the reference...

I think I saw you with your students over there..... :D

TheHobster:
worst is a friend took one of my studensts for an EANx dive to Blue Springs and they charged him as he had only 1 student!

Yep, three student or the instructor pays.

The muck at NS sounds just like BS. Go there on any weekend and the morning dives will be mucked up. Wait till the evening and it will clear up a bit.
So NS has critters?! I got tired of seeing the armored car ever dive I did, well at least the ones that I could find it.

Land Locked and I are planning a trip for Labor Day weekend to NS. Every body is welcome. I will be camping and hopefully diving my new steel tanks. Also working on the video cam a bit more. Hobster, hope to meet up with you sometime.

David The Gnome:
Where is this place?

Off I74 northwest if Cincy - from you figure 90 minutes or so if you figger an hour to Cinncy

crpntr133:
So NS has critters?! I got tired of seeing the armored car ever dive I did, well at least the ones that I could find it.

Land Locked and I are planning a trip for Labor Day weekend to NS. Every body is welcome. I will be camping and hopefully diving my new steel tanks. Also working on the video cam a bit more. Hobster, hope to meet up with you sometime.

yes NS has critters - on April 30 I got bit by a white crappie if you can believe that! And June 17 a catfish was out and about at 1 PM; they also have freshwater jellyfish in the falls, and they have alot of turtles (I see one about every other dive) -

the Indy Dive Club does the U/W Pumpkin Carving there in October - the campground has Halloween events and some of the camping kids "judge" - it's been alot of fun doing that - but be warned if you camp: the kids Trick or Treat from 5-7pm and Fri and Sat nights; better have candy!

Back
Top Bottom