Blue Springs Free Dive....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheHobster:
yes NS has critters - on April 30 I got bit by a white crappie if you can believe that! And June 17 a catfish was out and about at 1 PM; they also have freshwater jellyfish in the falls, and they have alot of turtles (I see one about every other dive) -

the Indy Dive Club does the U/W Pumpkin Carving there in October - the campground has Halloween events and some of the camping kids "judge" - it's been alot of fun doing that - but be warned if you camp: the kids Trick or Treat from 5-7pm and Fri and Sat nights; better have candy!

oops PM me and I can send pictures taken there - not many but you'll get the drift

TheHobster:
yes NS has critters - on April 30 I got bit by a white crappie if you can believe that! And June 17 a catfish was out and about at 1 PM; they also have freshwater jellyfish in the falls, and they have alot of turtles (I see one about every other dive) -

the Indy Dive Club does the U/W Pumpkin Carving there in October - the campground has Halloween events and some of the camping kids "judge" - it's been alot of fun doing that - but be warned if you camp: the kids Trick or Treat from 5-7pm and Fri and Sat nights; better have candy!

Bitten by a fish...don't go to Falling Rock, aka Joe's, in Lagrange KY. We don't call them Piranha gills for nothin. Memorial day weekend we had a couple bass attacks.

Really looking forward to NS. I have got to take the video cam with me on this one. Critters and jellies. I really hope that the jellies are there in September, if not I might be going back.

I can attest to the Crappie attack, the thing was the size of a dinner plate. This was before the rate hike at BS. It's crazy to pay that much at BS when half the time there is nobody to fill tanks, nor are there any improvements at all this year. I gave one of the employees my card to help him do improvements. His employee said he won't hire a licensed contractor because it's too expensive. Seems like a two way street he's walking in.

My recent favorite has been Haigh, nice people, great diving and wonderfully appointed covered docks. Preston, are you going to NSR this weekend?

Meister481:
My recent favorite has been Haigh, nice people, great diving and wonderfully appointed covered docks. Preston, are you going to NSR this weekend?

I very much agree. I was just up there on 7/2-3. Very nice facility. Gilboa is very nice as well. I'd highly recommend it for anyone who has not had a chance to dive there yet.

Haigh and Glboa are my two favorites but they are another hour away for me. Not sure about drive time for NS

crpntr133:
Haigh and Glboa are my two favorites but they are another hour away for me. Not sure about drive time for NS

Any plan to go to Haigh soon?

The Haigh memorial dive is the 16th. There will be lots of things to do there, like a live band. Dan is the beneficiary of the proceeds, so it's almost a no brainer. I hope I can make it.

Nope, have coaching duties the next 2 weekends, then State Championships the last weekend of the month - so maybe will dibe 7/21 in PM, but thats it for July due to lousy sales this month and time - August am going to Waukegan though!!

crpntr133:

NS is approx 1:05 from I-465 and I-70 interchange; head east on I-70 to US 40 East (last exit in Indiana) - go approx 1 mile to blinking light, left into New Paris and can't miss NSR on the left

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom