Book Review: Shipwreck Heresies by Gary Gentile

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't know what Google magic SB weaves, but it seems to always skyrocket up the Google rankings for any diving related search term.

it's not hard to get better google ranking hits... you just have to know what Google wants to see in webdesign and how they use "GoogleBot"

Then you can easily change your page to make it rank better.

For example, there have been a couple of dive gear manufacturers who have gotten ticked off because when you did a search for their product that a key LDS came up first in the search engine and not them. While they got ticked about it, it wasn't the LDS fault. It was their fault for not better designing their pages.

In this case Pete is right, Gary Genitals should consider firing his web designer. (for several reasons).

When I pick up a book that's as bad as you describe this one, I stop reading when I come to that conclusion. I do not press ahead and waste 20 hours. Why didn't you just put the book down?

It's like watching a train wreck. You just can't look away.

Meet me at Howl at the Moon for planning, Pinky. .
SB is taking over the world :D....it is all part of Pete's ingenious plan for world domination.

Perhaps this success is due to NetDoc owning a Three Wofl One Moon T-shirt? :thumb:

You kidding? Pete owns many three wolf t-shirts, one for each day of the week, and a spare for Sunday. Makes the girls chase him all over the place.

You kidding? Pete owns many three wolf t-shirts, one for each day of the week, and a spare for Sunday. Makes the girls chase him all over the place.

he must have it on under this shirt!

PA100579aaa.JPG

I have not read that work of gary's yet. Don't know if I will. I do have a couple of his books and like them. I really don't get involved in the rivalries and mud slinging. I met Gary last year along with my wife. We found him to be easy to talk to, down to earth, and a gentleman. My wife said he had a good soul. I don't know if the controversial stuff is him or PR stuff. I like him and would like to dive with him sometime. I would really enjoy picking his brain for the knowledge and experience that is there. I also met and had conversations with chatterton, chowdhury, and kohler. All of them different and all of them nice people. Kohler and Gary were at the same event and no fur flew. I got invites to dive with all of them and should the opportunity arise will take them up on it. If you have not actually met these guys it seems a bit strange to make personal attacks based on words in a book. I would lay money that if anyone of them got into trouble on a dive that any of the others would do whatever it took to help them. That for me is the bottom line.

I would really enjoy picking his brain for the knowledge and experience that is there.

Maybe? But in this book, I see little evidence of anything worthy. What has he done in the last 20 years?

I would lay money that if anyone of them got into trouble on a dive that any of the others would do whatever it took to help them. That for me is the bottom line.

What does this have to do with a book review? The guy wrote a book. It's quite apparent that he outright lied at least about Bret Gilliam based on his subsequent retraction. What else is he a liar about?

Maybe he'd rescue me if I needed it? woohoo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom