boot which one to buy???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We've actually done a ton of research looking for a good over boot. We've found that most of the overboots have a neo sock built into them which makes it difficult to put on with a pair of Neo socks. This is the boot that we will be switching to this summer. I've tried them out and they are great. They are a little spendier. Retail is about $115.00. www.otbboots.com/#OTB Boot

4ce:
is there a way for me to get it for 50$ cdn too???
I doubt it. I got mine from a dive shop that had them sitting around for a few years. Since they're XS, and most divers are guys with larger feet, they just didn't sell, I guess.

But I have seen them online for prices less than what SeaSoft's website sells them for. You might also want to to try ebay. There's a dealer there who currently has a pair for sale -- not sure of the size though.

Good luck! :)

And keep us posted if you find them at a good price. I've got the Stealths but want the Sunrays, too. :wink:

I used 6.5mm Akonas in Ontario and hated them. The Bare Ice ones seemed quite nice when I tried them on. I hear good things for the Henderson boots.

Cheers.

-J.-

4ce:
hi i am looking to buy some new boots!!!!
but i am looking for some boot with a hard sole....
i live in Quebec Canada.. and i have to dive sometime in cold water... but most of the time i use my drysuit!!!
so for when i use my wetsuit and i have to go to some place that has bad terrain i want to be able to get there witout hurting my ankle or under my foot i was looking at some boots from Mares the trilam one.. henderson ... pinnacle or the bare ice one

so i would like to hear your oppinion on the support and the quality of the one you got please i am sure it will help me in my choice
All good suggestions

One thing you want to check is how a hard sole boot will fit (with) into your fin's - I had that problem and ended up not being able to use the hard sole boots.

robertarak:
Another vote for SeaSoft Stealth boot . They do have a hard sole and would not fit into my "L" BioFins....I liked the boot so much that I bought the larger "LL" BioFins to go with them!

So what size foot are you? I have the LL fins for a size 10 foot with the older henderson Hyperstrech boots (white bottoms) but the new henderson ones (black bottoms) suck big time. The new Hendersons are a much cheaper and less hard soled than the older ones. I hate them to be blunt. Bad move on Hendersons part.

Point is, I am looking at the SeaSoft and Bare Ice boots but want to confirm they fit ok in the LL Bio. I can't imagine they wouldn't but would like to get some perspective here.

I like the Henderson Insta-Dry. Good boots, that actually can dry out between dives, so they don't reek, even after a year of heavy use.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom