Bottom Timer which one?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You've over-generalized.

The Uwatec (simple) BTs do not have resettable depth, but the Uwatec Tec2g (or whatever it's now called) most certainly CAN be reset in the water (at least in gauge mode).

In any case, it's a feature I just don't care about. I'm perfectly capable (and happy) to just track average depth myself. Once you give that up, might as well just dive a computer, IMO.

The uwatecs have avg depth, but you can't *reset* it. It's 0->current depth, which if you ran your deco off of that it might produce some entertaining results.

Whoops, I forgot the context of this thread.

a friend saw one at dema and said it looks and feels cheap. and that it has a smooth finish that would quickly get scratched up. that stuff typically doesn't bother me but I bet if I paid all that cash for one of these it would bother me some.

Sweet. That means they'll be cheap on the used market in a few years, when all the folks who like their gear shiny get rid of them ;-)

Sweet. That means they'll be cheap on the used market in a few years, when all the folks who like their gear shiny get rid of them ;-)

I like the way you think!

Me personally, I'm gonna get my big move to Maryland outta the way first (unless I find myself a doting Sugar Mama) and once I'm settled in there I'm really gonna look at it. A few months should be enough time to get the big bugs worked out.

Peace,
Greg

I like the way you think!

Me personally, I'm gonna get my big move to Maryland outta the way first (unless I find myself a doting Sugar Mama) and once I'm settled in there I'm really gonna look at it. A few months should be enough time to get the big bugs worked out.

Oahu to Maryland...I don't think the cool new bottom timer's going to be enough to compensate you for that!

Oahu to Maryland...I don't think the cool new bottom timer's going to be enough to compensate you for that!

LOL I feel ya but it's only a 4 hour plane ride from Florida!!

Peace,
Greg

Ha. Optimist!

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom