Bottom Timer which one?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seems strange that tec divers will squabble about a $150 differential in a piece of gear. For divers over 45 years old, this new BT is very interesting...

Seems strange that tec divers will squabble about a $150 differential in a piece of gear. For divers over 45 years old, this new BT is very interesting...

If I was in the market for one, a 150 dollar difference may be less consequential. But upgrading something I already have which works sufficiently, every extra dollar makes it less of a reasonable purchase.

Nevermind that I think I paid between $100 and $200 for all my bottom timers (mostly used).

I certainly don't balk at spending money on diving, but I think prioritizing limited funds is probably a good approach. $500 buys some nice training or experience dives (or more essential gear).

Same here, I got a uwatec bottom timer for $100. They are easily found for about that much.
$100 vs. $500 is significant. That's another deco reg setup, or a bunch or boat dives.
-Mitch

Or most of a Fundamentals class...

Same here, I got a uwatec bottom timer for $100. They are easily found for about that much.
$100 vs. $500 is significant. That's another deco reg setup, or a bunch or boat dives.
-Mitch

Or most of a Fundamentals class...

Damn you mainlanders with your nearby GUE Instructors. The Liquivision Xen is only about half of my Fundies class.

Peace,
Greg

-Mitch

You are comparing a used and less functional piece of equipment. An apples and oranges argument.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom