Bottom timer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey TSandM, just to let you know. I dove in my Uwatec/Scubapro TEC wrist computer in gauge mode this weekend and in gauge mode it does give you seconds! It also gives you average depth, dive log mode, water temperature, desat time, and some other good stuff. I thought you would like to know.

Why is it so important to time stops to the second?

I just wait until it clicks over to the next minute and then start the time. So what if I stayed an extra 59 seconds? It's not like I'm diving so close to the edge that the extra minute is going to hurt....

As for the display.... that IS a complaint I have about the Vyper - even in guage mode, the dive info is in the corners while the big place in the middle where the NDL display would be is blank :rolleyes:

I guess, if I could really easily READ the time, seconds wouldn't be critical. I just want something that puts depth and dive time up prominently in BIG numbers.

Timex Helix. Find one on ebay. I use +2.00 reading glasses and can read this underwater w/out any bifocal lenses. This watch has two modes of timing a dive plus stopwatch features..

TSandM:
I guess, if I could really easily READ the time, seconds wouldn't be critical. I just want something that puts depth and dive time up prominently in BIG numbers.

You might be interested in this one.

What is it?

Peter Guy:
Wives, can't live with 'em, .......

Wow, I'm glad my hubby doesn't post here. I would have to hobble him ....

TSandM:
What is it?

I remember your post about the bigger number. I am also looking for it because my old eyes...

It is $9.99 watch having a bigger number and light from the Wally World. The picture shows the size of digits on the stop watch mode. But, it doesn't have depth reading....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom