Boycott Starbucks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is nice that many of our military can call home from a war zone. Times have certainly changed. I'm also glad that citizens are supporting the troops better than in my war.
I boycotted Starbucks years ago and can't even remember why...oh wait, their coffee sucks!
By the way, does coffee raise your SAC rate?
Get Wet!
I don't care for it at all. First had it on a Puget sound ferry 15 years ago or so and I asked: "Is this all you got?" I now travel with coffee makers and supplies.
Starbucks DOES turn thier corporate back to American servicemembers. They are a horrible company, and your wife is better off not working for them.
Would proof be possible? :confused:

It is a large corporation with taxes and shareholders so it's not surprising that local managers may not have authorization to donate free bottled water at times without approval.

And they have to have standard procedures that produce results. Utilizing manager time and authority to listen to excuses for being late has a down side. I don't know how often you get to call home, but sometimes choices have to be made: take the call or go for the job. What if she got the job, then you called her cell while she was at work?

Last edited:
I hate their coffee but I will pass this story along to all.

My wife was refused an interview at Starbucks today for being 5 minutes late. The reason she was late was because she stopped on her way to the interview to take a call from me. I'm in Afghanistan. When she arrived to Starbucks the manager absolutely refused to see her and didn't give her the opportunity to explain the situation. Starbucks is a company notorious for supporting other countries, but not giving back to the country their home base resides in. For these reasons, and I'm sure there are plenty more out there, I encourage all who read this to boycott Starbucks. I serve alongside men and women who will give their life for their country. Starbucks turns their back on them.

I've always boycotted Starbucks. I have a real problem with paying $2.50 for 50 cents worth of coffee.

flots.

It is nice that many of our military can call home from a war zone. Times have certainly changed. I'm also glad that citizens are supporting the troops better than in my war.

I don't care for it at all. First had it on a Puget sound ferry 15 years ago or so and I asked: "Is this all you got?" I now travel with coffee makers and supplies.

It is a large corporation with taxes and shareholders so it's not surprising that local managers may not have authorization to donate free bottled water at times without approval.

And they have to have standard procedures that produce results. Utilizing manager time and authority to listen to excuses for being late has a down side. I don't know how often you get to call home, but sometimes choices have to be made: take the call or go for the job. What if she got the job, then you called her cell while she was at work?

Starbucks has a reputation amongst the military and public safety sectors; perhaps undeserved, for their corporate policies.

Most of it goes back to an e mail circulated about Starbucks and a coffee donation and supporting war.

See Snopes, it has the whole story...

Of course proof is not possible. Why? Because the things said about Starbucks in this thread are simply not true. While Starbucks may display some of the foibles that any huge, multi-national corporation does, they are not horrible places to work, they do not serve terrible coffee, the food they sell isn't lousy and the service doesn't suck, despite the moronic utterings that have filled the majority of this thread. In addition, the OP's story may be complete bullsh*t for all we know. Yet almost every one of you geniuses is ready to do whatever you can to damage the Starbucks brand in the community. What if somebody started badmouthing your business online, urging people to boycott you, but without a single shred of evidence to back up their claims? :shakehead:

But hey, knock yourselves out. Maybe your brilliant boycott will shorten the line at my Starbucks by a dope or two. :rofl3:

Starbucks has a reputation amongst the military and public safety sectors; perhaps undeserved, for their corporate policies.

Most of it goes back to an e mail circulated about Starbucks and a coffee donation and supporting war.

See Snopes, it has the whole story...
Yeah, I am aware of those Hoaxes. When people email me gossip, I encourage them to check for facts before sending me such guano, or take me off of their alert mail list.

Way ahead of you ... I USED to be a Seattle Supersonics fan ... till ol' Shultzie sold the club to a carpetbagger who moved them to Oklahoma. That man and his company won't ever see another dime of my money.

Besides ... there's WAY better alternatives than Charbucks ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Of course proof is not possible. Why? Because the things said about Starbucks in this thread are simply not true. While Starbucks may display some of the foibles that any huge, multi-national corporation does, they are not horrible places to work, they do not serve terrible coffee, the food they sell isn't lousy and the service doesn't suck, despite the moronic utterings that have filled the majority of this thread. In addition, the OP's story may be complete bullsh*t for all we know. Yet almost every one of you geniuses is ready to do whatever you can to damage the Starbucks brand in the community. What if somebody started badmouthing your business online, urging people to boycott you, but without a single shred of evidence to back up their claims? :shakehead:

But hey, knock yourselves out. Maybe your brilliant boycott will shorten the line at my Starbucks by a dope or two. :rofl3:

Did you miss your double vanilla latte with goat's milk this morning, sunshine?

No, I'm just not a sheep who believes every word somebody posts on the internet, in an attempt to damage a business that I happily patronize.

It is the internet, no need to rain on the guy's vent....

Do you really think that one fellow's post on Scubaboard will damage Starbucks more than the incidents that have passed?

After the 130$ for water in NYC publicity they survived just fine, and that incident was real...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom