Boycott Starbucks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you for this post. It should not matter why she was late for the interview. Is the company supposed to welcome the opprtunity to hire an employee that will be late whenever they want because they were talking to their husband? Come on now....this OP has to be a joke. Nobody can be that self centered....or can they? I am not American, but I do say thank you for serving on behalf of your country (as I thank those who serve for Canada), but to call Starbucks a company that turns their back on the troops because your wife screwed up and was late for an interview (which no matter what, for any reason, is unacceptable) is just ridiculous.

I agree that the Manager likely could have completed the interview anyways just in case.....I would have interviewed the applicant but known up front that the position would not go to them unless they were unbelievably incredible.

Unfortunately, we will never know Starbuck's side of the story. What we do know is that somebody was late for a job interview in a place and time where there were probably dozens of applicants for the job who weren't late. It's a bummer for sure, but to turn that into a statement that Starbuck's turns their corporate back on American military personnel? Give me a friggin' break.

Oh and by the way, I "boycotted" starbucks long ago because I do not like their coffee.....unless there is no other option.

Thank you for this post. It should not matter why she was late for the interview. Is the company supposed to welcome the opprtunity to hire an employee that will be late whenever they want because they were talking to their husband? Come on now....this OP has to be a joke. Nobody can be that self centered....or can they? I am not American, but I do say thank you for serving on behalf of your country (as I thank those who serve for Canada), but to call Starbucks a company that turns their back on the troops because your wife screwed up and was late for an interview (which no matter what, for any reason, is unacceptable) is just ridiculous.

I agree that the Manager likely could have completed the interview anyways just in case.....I would have interviewed the applicant but known up front that the position would not go to them unless they were unbelievably incredible.
:thumb: It's nice that our troops can call home, as well as log on often from a war zone.

I think this tough guy would also want her to stop work and take his calls if he called her at work too.

Did you miss your double vanilla latte with goat's milk this morning, sunshine?

My theory is that folks drink stuff like this because of a lack of sunshine ... vitamin D deficiency or some such.

Living in Latteland, I'm reminded of a time I was working for a telecom company that sent a couple of techs down to some small town on the Florida panhandle to do some work on a cell phone tower. After working all night, they walked into this cafe and one of them ordered coffee ... "I'd like a double tall, extra skinny, no foam, please."

The guy behind the counter gave him this :confused: and said ... "y'all ain't from around here, are y'all".

The choices in that particular establishment were black and "raigler" ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I am sorry it happened but it is about responsibility, arriving at the interview at the appointed time and priority, which was more important, a job or talking to you. If you or she knew she was going to be late for the appointment why didn't either of you cut the call short.

Back
Top Bottom