BP/W help attaching corrugated hose to harness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eran_coh

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,
I just got my Halcyon Eclipse 30lb BP/W gear and I am trying to set it up.

I am not sure how I should attach the wing corrugated hose to the harness.
It seems that it just barely reaches the left shoulder D-ring.
Even if I move the ring a little higher on the strap it will be difficult to lift the corrugated hose to release air from the wing.
I don't think that I placed the BP too low on my back because I can touch it with my fingers if I reach back. The D-Ring also seems to be in place.
So what did I do wrong?

The corrugated hose length is 12"
How do you guys handle a short hose?

Attachments

• Halcyon corrugated hose.jpg
    Halcyon corrugated hose.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 583
Nothing. The bungee only has to hold the thing down and mine only wraps around the first half of the power inflator. However, get the "O" ring offa there and use a piece of 1/8 or so bungee cord. It will last a lot longer than the rubber will. Bungee will stretch a bit more, too.

Looks good so far.

That is where mine is... I have a big rubber loop that came on mine that holds it in place.

You can cut the rubber loops out of old bicycle inner tubes.

It should have come with either rubber loops or bungee loops.

Thats the problem I am running into with mine. That is why I am trying to find a 20-22" corrugated hose to replace the factory standard 12" hose. It's too short for me!!!

Have you tried it in the water? After a dive you might be surprised.

Also use bicycle inner tube, bungee, whatever to make a loop on the shoulder and use it to restrain the LP inflator hose only, Leave the corrugated one free to be elevated.

Pete

Nothing. The bungee only has to hold the thing down and mine only wraps around the first half of the power inflator. However, get the "O" ring offa there and use a piece of 1/8 or so bungee cord. It will last a lot longer than the rubber will. Bungee will stretch a bit more, too.

Looks good so far.

+1. That's the first thing my GUE-F instructor did for me...

12"... what a long hose. I went with a 6" hose to prevent the dangle on my single wing.

+1 on the bicycle tubing for holding down...just about everything.

Most all divers transitioning to BP/wings experience the same thoughts. While in a vertical position the exhaust portion of inflator assembly will be higher than top of wing while held in place by rubber loop or bungee . No need for a longer hose...

Back
Top Bottom