Breathing Techniques

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Same experience as abv--30-45 minutes on the old Nordic Track 3 times a week alternating with long slow runs or treadmill time drive air consumption down quick. Breath control helps, but aerobic physical condition is the real determinant. No pain--no gain! and you'll live longer to pay insurance premiums to boot!

:D

Time for the next generation to respond...:D :D
:lurk:

I agree with what's already been said. Fitness is good (I walk daily and inline skate a couple of times a week) and skip breathing is bad. The only difference between my underwater breathing and my ordinary breathing is that I tend to exhale a little more fully when I'm diving. Other than that, I just breathe normally.

MrMrEZG:
that the best breathing techinque is to ensure that the number of times one inhales should be equal to the number of times one exhales.

or at least that is what my fortune cookie says :wink:

That's a good plan!!! I like the four seconds in and four seconds out. You do not feel an oxygen deprivation and you conserve air at the same time. I think the most important aspect is to use more of your lungs than you do everyday in normal breathing. Any attempt to restrict breathing results in an increase in air consumption and inefficient use of air and an Oxygen deficit.

Stan

Ooops post landed in wrong thread.
Sent via Tapatalk+Autocorrupt

When doing a regular dive profile (not beating against currents and going at a slow pace) I usually use 6-3-6, but i will change breathing styles as is based on what I'm doing. if I'm fighting a current then I'll speed up the cycle . If I'm going over something or dropping down to look at something same thing.

I have to agree with Beachman here,

Physical phitness training is the phinest way to get physically phit. Phinally, thum one hath just come out and thaid it! Iph you want to breathe leth, just exercise more! This is the core of my revolutionary E-L-E-M diet. The grocery stores have thuppressed this inphormation phor a long time! In short:

Eat Less, Exercise More!

There, you haph it! Now iph everyone reading this will thend three easy payments of $19.95 to NetDocs are us, then we can get on with our liphes!

BTW, thwimming is how I thtay physically phit! A mile freestyle and then a mile snorkleing. My knees can not handle too much impact, so cycling and thwimming are phor me. Many haph questioned just what shape I am in… Round is the answer!

Yethththth! It'th thimply phythicth !! I'm thending my $19.95 in!

Back
Top Bottom