Brinyte DIV10 "3000 Lumen" Canister light Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Got mine wet this weekend. No problems at all, button top king kong. Bright as hell, my only concern would be thebuild of it seems good enough for the weekend warrior....like myself...but i think for the one that would use it on a more frequent basis i am not so sure
Waterproof to 137 ft as far as im concerned

There was also something written about not using button top batteries because they were too long. So after trimming off the wrapping, the batteries were making good series contact. The light worked fine on land and then stopped working once it went under water. So I don't think it has anything to do with the type of batteries. I would be glad to use button tops if that would make a difference.

Hey Kwinter,
It seems your light maybe have some contact problem, maybe it's our light's problem or battery problem. We usaully advise our customers bought our battery.Maybe they are same appearance battery, but different quality.

We are planing to produce a four LED light, use head switch. So we won't changed DIV10 switch at present.

If the Ebay seller reply you? Now we didn't sell light on Ebay or Amazon, so I can't sure who is the seller.
But we provide 1 year free repair service to our diving flashlight(if it can't be repaired, we will back new light free), freight will be undertook 50%-50%. Our compny carry out this policy strictly.(ˇˍˇ)

Here's a quick update. I decided to ignore my own advice and bought the light from eBay. I also bought some King Kong 26650s and the Enova charger. The first problem I encountered when I got everything was that the light would not turn on. I had fully charged the batteries (the Enova charger is pretty good, although slow) but got nothing. Each battery was measuring over 4 volts, but my meter read zero when testing the 3 of them in series. It turns out the wrapping of each battery overlaps the top by a hair, and that is enough to keep the low profile positive terminals from making contact. I trimmed the wrapping a little with a utility knife, got a full 13.2 volts measurement in series, loaded the batts into the light and presto, it worked. Looked very bright.

Step 2 was to try it under water. One of the tragedies of this light is that the switch is not on the lighthead. That means mounting the awkward extra long canister in a place where you can reach the switch, such as on your waist. Not the most comfortable, but I might live with it unless I could find another way. The light turned on fine on the surface. I entered the water and went down the line to the wreck. I was trying to turn it on along the way, but thought I just wasn't doing something right. So I concentrated completely on it at the bottom. Nothing. Zip. Zilch. Nada. It was a bright enough day, so I just went with a backup light and was fine. But I guess this is why we are supposed to do S-drills.

Back at home after rinsing everything, I tried the light again. Still nothing. I opened the canister. It was bone dry and the batteries tested fine. I would have to guess that either the switch or the light head flooded instantly on its first dive. I have read about both happening on another forum.

I have written to the seller and now it is time to see what kind of customer service there is. I am going back to my original advice. It is worth paying more for the same item if you can get it domestically and not have to deal with overseas returns. Also, the switch being on the canister is a very, very big drawback. I might have to try one of the Archon lights. Still the same awkwardly shaped canister taking 3-26650 cells, but at least the switch is on the lighthead so you can backmount or sidemount the canister.

I'll keep you posted.

Hello Brinyte -
The eBay seller was topfancystock. They have offered to examine the light if I send it back to them in Hong Kong. If they determine there was a quality issue, they will refund my shipping cost as well as replace the light. So far that sounds like a fair solution. I will post updates as I learn more.

It is good to hear that you will be producing a light with the switch on the light head. That would be a huge improvement in function.

Sorry to hear you're having trouble Ken. I've actually had mine in four different cave systems so far this week.

Par for the course, Austin. There is a black cloud that follows me around when it comes to equipment.

When do you expect to release the new 4 LED light with the switch on the head? Do you have any other details about it? Are you changing the canister to a shorter/wider style (maybe 8x 18650, 2x4)?

Thanks!

Hey Kwinter,
It seems your light maybe have some contact problem, maybe it's our light's problem or battery problem. We usaully advise our customers bought our battery.Maybe they are same appearance battery, but different quality.

We are planing to produce a four LED light, use head switch. So we won't changed DIV10 switch at present.

If the Ebay seller reply you? Now we didn't sell light on Ebay or Amazon, so I can't sure who is the seller.
But we provide 1 year free repair service to our diving flashlight(if it can't be repaired, we will back new light free), freight will be undertook 50%-50%. Our compny carry out this policy strictly.(ˇˍˇ)

Four led light !? Woohoo.. not!
Are your main customers only clear water divers or what ?? Couse, if you aren't going for some proper reflectors then, it will be no good for all us not diving all clear waters.. .

In our schedule, we will prodduced a 4 led handheld flashlight next month.Then plan to changing the canister to shorter and fatter, we are thinking about use 2*2 18650 batteries.:-D
When do you expect to release the new 4 LED light with the switch on the head? Do you have any other details about it? Are you changing the canister to a shorter/wider style (maybe 8x 18650, 2x4)?

Thanks!

---------- Post added June 16th, 2015 at 07:55 PM ----------

Haha, from our customers' feedback, also some water is full of plankton or not pure water.But I don't know why 4 LED is not good in these water? what knid reflector would be better?⁄(⁄ ⁄•⁄ω⁄•⁄ &#8260:wink:⁄
Four led light !? Woohoo.. not!
Are your main customers only clear water divers or what ?? Couse, if you aren't going for some proper reflectors then, it will be no good for all us not diving all clear waters.. .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom