Brinyte DIV10 "3000 Lumen" Canister light Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In our schedule, we will prodduced a 4 led handheld flashlight next month.Then plan to changing the canister to shorter and fatter, we are thinking about use 2*2 18650 batteries.:-D

Maybe 2x2 26650? More burn time.

:wink:I record yours battery suggestion. It be final decided on the most opinion. Many thanks!
Maybe 2x2 26650? More burn time.

I kind of think 2x2 isn't the most optmal in term of canister size. I think 3 x 2 make more sense. The diameter of the canister for 2x 26650 vs 3x 26650 can't be that much difference unless the canister isn't cylindrical. I vote for 3x2. 3 per stack (in series) x 2 stacks (in parallel). This will double the current 1x3 run time. Personally, I don't think 4 LED is necessary a benefit. A better reflector version of 3 LED will be great. The total amount of light in today's Div10 is already amazing, just need to focus a bit better. Switch on the head will be great.

In our schedule, we will prodduced a 4 led handheld flashlight next month.Then plan to changing the canister to shorter and fatter, we are thinking about use 2*2 18650 batteries.:-D

A better reflector version of 3 LED will be great.

Which led ( I would put there Cree XP-L )and do you have enough deep reflectors for that and also small ? Three leds is much better than four agree !

Battery pack 4 x 32650 would fit (more easy and clean electronic driver design with reserve )

( personal i think canister with 18650 or even 26650
is nonsense because you can put these batteries

in the head (same as Sola , DiveRite , Halcyon....and on Goodman handle) and the cable is unnecessary .

LiPo are 1/2 of weight of NiMh that mean more buoyant . With volume of head you can simply push weight in

water to neutral buoyancy.

They do not contribute even to long autonomy even not greater power ( they simply don't have Wh .... for

instance 3 x XP-L or 3 x XM-L = 3x10W !)

Last edited:
:wink:I record yours battery suggestion. It be final decided on the most opinion. Many thanks!

Shorter cord length and tighter beam please! :)

Thanks your advise Eelnoraa.:-D
Sounds 3 X 2 battery canister will be more convenient to produce. If use battery, the 3 stack will be in seriesa and the 2 stacks in parallel; if only use 4 battery, it will still need consideration. Because DIV10 voltage is 8-15V now.
DIV10 is 12 beam angle, it is said 5°-15° is the best dive flashlight beam range. If only 1 led, it could be narrower; but use 3 led, a little hard.

I kind of think 2x2 isn't the most optmal in term of canister size. I think 3 x 2 make more sense. The diameter of the canister for 2x 26650 vs 3x 26650 can't be that much difference unless the canister isn't cylindrical. I vote for 3x2. 3 per stack (in series) x 2 stacks (in parallel). This will double the current 1x3 run time. Personally, I don't think 4 LED is necessary a benefit. A better reflector version of 3 LED will be great. The total amount of light in today's Div10 is already amazing, just need to focus a bit better. Switch on the head will be great.

---------- Post added June 17th, 2015 at 10:27 PM ----------

Cord length could be changed according to required, just tell the salesman how long length you want.:-D

Shorter cord length and tighter beam please! :)

The handheld flashlight still use CREE XM-L2(U2),but we considerate to compatible cree xhp70 led. It use 2*32650 battery,this battery really very fat.
To ensure light run time, we have to use a battery canister..
Though bigger lithium batteries have greater capactity, but in actual use, 18650 battery has the best performance and output coefficient:-D
IMG_4033.jpg

Which led ( I would put there Cree XP-L )and do you have enough deep reflectors for that and also small ? Three leds is much better than four agree !

Battery pack 4 x 32650 would fit (more easy and clean electronic driver design with reserve )

( personal i think canister with 18650 or even 26650
is nonsense because you can go these batteries

in the head and the cable is unnecessary . They do not contribute even to long autonomy even not greater power )

To put it in a more practical way, 18650 has the most energy store per weight. This is why Tesla chose using 18650 cells

All i'm talking is for canister type light

but we considerate to compatible cree xhp70 led.

wrong way!

That needs much larger reflector and you will get wide beam - with corona ...not for video and not for tech and also more energy waste ( same sh***t like cree MC-E ) get cree xp-l on cooper star !

BUT STILL YOU HAVE SO DEEP AND SMALL REFLECTOR ? (i have some experiments with diameter =45 mm and deep 60 mm -for my own needs for single led !)

Problem I see with 3 cell battery pack is that they allow same voltage as leds needs that mean 3,7V vs 3,7V (11,1V vs 11,1V ) that mean low consumption linear driver or boost driver ... but also electronic have some voltage drop !

problem : protection circuit BMS in lipos not allow or limits driver (when battery drains lower ) to full output power that's why I suggest 4 cell battery pack!

32650 vs 18650 : less electric joints (ideal would be soldered ) , simpler charging and balancing , oval vs round battery pack shape (mean energy
on volume and cross-section of canister , also 32650 have reserve in future , smaller size than 4 cell maglite and much lighter. power consumption for instance 3 x XP-L or 3 x XM-L = 3x10W !!

Can almost guarantee much more business and selling success with 32650 !

PS: DON'T compare car battery type and spec with diving light spec because it is total other world starting with interal resistance

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom