Buy Once, Cry Once DIR rig for recreational diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The "guy who fixes drysuits in Gainesville" is a mile from my house. He thinks highly of the FLX.

The guys I know diving the Santi's are happy with them.

TLS is jokingly called "tears like silk" around here. Get the DUI FLX, or the Santi. Santi is now distributed and serviced by Halcyon here in the US. My Santi has been flawless.

I mean... If you really wanna. I prefer a wetsuit (or no suit) when the water is warm.
I really like getting out of the water and being dry and relatively clean. But,my only diving experience has been in Monterey. Been reading tonight about Santis - I'm liking what I'm reading and seeing.

My tentative plan in October is to talk to Steve Gamble about a FLX extreme and Extreme Exposure about a Santi and see how prices and fit compare.

Gamble (who is in a position to know) does not like the tzips (plastic zippers). That being said, YMMV; mine did!

I bought my Santi Elite over two years ago, there was less information available at the time. While my experience may not be typical, I would offer it for your consideration:
- two plus years and hundreds of hours underwater later, it's still going strong
- by comparison, I had to replace the metal zipper on my tls350 less than a year after I bought it. :-(

I would get another plastic zipper, but that's me.

PS Agree with AJ, there are some dives that are just fine in a wetsuit or skin IMHO.

I'm another person that's had success with the tizip's. Just keep them clean and lubricate them once in awhile with silicone spray -- do not use wax on them or they will leak.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom