Can you learn scuba from tv?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

. . . you thought Pigs couldn't swim only wade????
So what are you going to believe?

I want to see them SCUBA!

*Dave* BTW you use too many ****** there running out! *Dave* you thought Pigs couldn't swim only wade????

No worries, I have ***** coming out my *****. I'll never run out.

I've never thought about pigs swimming till you brought it up. I was merely pointing out the obvious. When it comes to swimming pigs, I know you are the authority and that's good enough for me.

Guess I am just lucky.

Really? I try to keep up on Scubaboard. I saw a video posted a few days ago where some guy ran out of air and got safely out of a cave using Spare Air.... My boyfriend doesn't buy it, though.

Pamela Anderson and the rest of the Baywatch 'crew' relied successfully for YEARS on Spare Airs.....I think they did some cave diving by bringing a whole sack full of them with them and every few feet dropping off the 'empties' on the cave floor....then they could just follow the little 'trail' of 'empties' safely back out of the caves...kinda like a drunk following a trail of empty beer cans back to the bar!

I think Pamela should take lessons on SCUBA Attire from Jacquelin! That's what I think! Who needs air with lungs like that?

If you plan on learning to dive by watching tv alone I would start with Deep Blue Sea. The end part of the movie is one of the many things that may happen to you by relaying on movies alone to learn to scuba dive.

Movies, Internet, Books none are a replacement for time spent with a certified instructor. This is why with ever agency no matter what path you take only a certified instructor can grant you certification.

If you plan on learning to dive by watching tv alone I would start with Deep Blue Sea. The end part of the movie is one of the many things that may happen to you by relaying on movies alone to learn to scuba dive.

Movies, Internet, Books none are a replacement for time spent with a certified instructor. This is why with ever agency no matter what path you take only a certified instructor can grant you certification.

The way the internet is going it is just a matter of time! If you read all the posts here at SB they aren't doing much anyway! So get a T-shirt and go diving! If you can learn it you can learn it in a book, visit you local Library! So everyone knows that TV is better and easier than Books, it takes hours to read a book and you can get everything in a two hour movie!

Avery, there seems to be a prejudice against PADI. Isn't PADI the most prolific, and therefore the best certification agency? I mean, all those basic OW divers can't be wrong... I'd just like to spend my training dollars wisely.

want2div, your not aloud to dive, your in canada, they will cancel your health insurance.

Happy Diving

want2div, your not aloud to dive, your in canada, they will cancel your health insurance.

Happy Diving

Probably a joke, but don't get me started on public healthcare, pal. Canada ranks 6th among 191 UN nations for life expectancy, as opposed to 35th for the US. But be consoled - you beat out Mexico (48th), meaning that you rank as 2 out of 3 in North America.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom