Certification and snorkels...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If I am not wrong you'll need it for demonstrate some skills required to get certified.

Confined Water

- Clear a snorkel using the blast method, then resume breathing through it without lifting the face from the water. 

- Exchange snorkel for regulator and regulator for snorkel repeatedly (at least two exchanges) without lifting the face from the water. 

- Swim at least 50 metres/yards while wearing scuba, breathing through a snorkel and staying close to buddy. 

Open Water

- Straight Line Surface Swim With Compass — Snorkel swim in a straight line for 50 metres/yards while keeping the face in the water and using only the compass for direction reference.

- Snorkel/Regulator Exchange — Clear water from a snorkel and resume breathing without removing the snorkel from the mouth. Alternately breathe from snorkel and regulator without lifting the face from the water for at least two exchanges. 

Of course there is also the Skin Diving portion.

No, you're correct.

Bugger! That was meant to be a reply to a previous reply.

Everyone rolled into the water to snorkel for a few minutes alongside the beautiful fish. Except for yours truly who had to keep pulling his head out of the water in order to breathe.

Most of my diving has been in Mozambique and I've had this experience twice. Though I don't carry a snorkel for freshwater diving, in the ocean I always have a snorkel even if it's a hassle.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom