Cheap - Inexpensive Dive Op???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's a thought. They have a small operation at the Hotel Barracuda right across from Mega. They only allow pick-up of their divers there; I know because I tried to pay them a fee to allow LU pick me up there.

I think you'd be within walking distance of a Dive Paradise location to get on one of their boats, but I'm not sure. Since I was already looking, I just added this as a potential. Someone else on here would know better if they're walkable from downtown, or what a taxi would cost to get to them. Could be $6-$8 per day taxi from downtown? (Hotel Coz?)

That's a thought. They have a small operation at the Hotel Barracuda right across from Mega. They only allow pick-up of their divers there; I know because I tried to pay them a fee to allow LU pick me up there.

Is that new within last 3 years? I've stayed there 4 or 5 times since 2009 and always got picked up by other ops. Maybe the problem is you asked permission? :eyebrow:

Is that new within last 3 years? I've stayed there 4 or 5 times since 2009 and always got picked up by other ops. Maybe the problem is you asked permission? :eyebrow:

I've certainly seen plenty of other boats drop off divers on the dock at Baracuda during last winter, some eat at no name bar with dive bags with them and others I presume stay at the hotel. It's hotel owned, DP only has a section of the hotel for their dive shop.

Regards,
Cameron

They told me that if you stayed at the hotel, you can be picked up by other ops. I live down the street.

I've certainly seen plenty of other boats drop off divers on the dock at Baracuda during last winter, some eat at no name bar with dive bags with them and others I presume stay at the hotel.
I can get dropped off there when I want...things are busier and usually nobody is paying attention by then. But I have been told that there is more scrutiny in the morning.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom