Cheap reliable set up for pool?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brsnow

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Need to get a set up for handicap scuba classes I assist with. My personal set ups I don’t want to continue to shift hoses around. Any recommendations? Thanks.

Scubapro MK2, and a couple of their simple unbalanced seconds...
Mk2 with R190/195 2nd and 095 for octo. Cheap to obtain on the used circuit and easy enough to service yourself. SP continues to put out service kits for old regs, whereas other manufacturers may no longer be readily available. Found this out with an Oceanic reg set.

Example: Scubapro MK2 with R190 2nd stage | eBay

ETA: Given the cost of the 095, would be cheaper to just use R190s for both primary and octo and just detune the octo a smidge.

DGX XTRA. Great value, good service.

If you want new it's around $300 with shipping for this Mares R2S (unbalanced piston), 2 Rover seconds, and an SPG.

Need to get a set up for handicap scuba classes I assist with. My personal set ups I don’t want to continue to shift hoses around. Any recommendations? Thanks.
Edge-Hog Nano reg. set is $300 (two seconds, a first and an spg). Buy them from me and I'll throw in a LPI.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom