Cheapest watch with depth gauge?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hoosier:
I agree with floater... Get the entry level computer that has a guage model..

I've already got one.
That's not what I'm asking.
lol.

The LAST thing I wanted to clutter the board with was yet another, "I prefer this setup vs that setup" thread. There are already like 300 posts on why one should use this watch/guage versus that one.

All I wanted to know was which is the cheapest watch with a depth guage built in.
Instead I'm being told to buy a computer, or buy a bottom timer, or buy a $300 watch that costs MORE than a computer. No offense but NONE of that has anything to do with my question. lol.

They've got swatch shops here as ALL swatches are price controlled by the distributor in Singapore. But they were about USD87

I know, you said cheapest....and for that matter it doesn't do depth either, but it is surely a nice watch. It wears exceptionally well, even down to 4000ft if you forget to drop your weights......

http://www.rolexreferencepage.com/seadwellerreference.html

There's a website documenting someone who strapped one of these to an ROV and took it down to 1198m. Now wouldn't it have been funny if the ROV sank 3 more meters and the watch imploded....clearly 1m beyond the limits of the warranty.

Honestly, I posted because I was wondering how well those Swatches do. I looked at them a while ago when I was searching for a beater to wear around on vacation. While I don't mind getting my Sea Dweller wet, I don't like banging it around on gear either.

So can anyone share their "in-depth" experiences with the Swatches? No pun intended......

The next time you see a Rolex adds that has Sylvia Earle in the Deep Rover submersible, look carefully at the right manipulator arm of the sub. You will see several Rolex watches strapped to the arm (and a blue Edge Computer, that I put there as a joke).

Hi,
I have had my Dolphin Whistle scuba swatch for a year now, diving at least 3 times a month with it. It held up okay until recently, it stopped recording data during the dives and the start up mode went weird. The warantee is for 2 years. I took it back to a Swatch store and they exchanged it out for a brand new watch. The new one works great. You just have to remember that the depth guage is in meters (multiply by ~3 to get feet). Also, it only remembers the last dive you did. If you want it to remember one more you have to save it to your "favorite" setting, it's like putting it in memory like a calculator. It works as a great backup device and a cool looking watch.

I wouldn't use it for a primary on deep dives.

Lindy

Casio Triple Sensor. Bought it on Ebay for around $100. Has depth, bottom timer, temp and compass. I have taken it down to 110'. Works great. My everyday watch.

Back
Top Bottom