¡Christmas Norte!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NDL_Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
1000000382.jpg

Windguru is predicting a Norte on Saturday to Tuesday. Polar Plunge in Kansas to Texas on Thursday is a good indication of upcoming Norte in Cozumel and closed ports.

Yeah, we're expecting the vortex to hit the Texas panhandle Thursday with lows below zero. It'll barrel thru the state and across the gulf. Texas is worried about another grid failure, and the island is going to get hit hard.

Need to repost the graphic in Km/H. The recently implemented 25KmH standard for winds from the SW around to the NE will be the show stopper.

Ports are projected to be closed Sat thru Monday according to Windguru. Here it is in km/h. All week looks rough.
1000000390.jpg

The recently implemented 25KmH standard for winds from the SW around to the NE will be the show stopper.
Dang?! That's 15.5 mph. :oops:

Guess we'll have to spend another xmass day at the Miami Beach club near Punta Sur 😎👍👍👍👍

Or 13.5 Kts
Come on, in sailing terms that is put up full sail. Are we really automatically shutting down diving for that?

Forced Christmas day off for the crews - bummer!!
I'll stay off the Cozumel facebook pages. Invariably there will be some poor vacationer complaining about their plans being ruined (bc the harbor will be closed) and locals telling them to 'relax - you're in paradise'. I really feel sorry for the folks who have saved up their money to go snorkel, dive, deep sea fish, or just take a trip to El Cielo. It might be their only opportunity for years. The only cruise I've ever been on was supposed to stop at Cozumel and couldn't make port due to weather (November of 2008). Here's to hoping you guys get a day off for Christmas but the vacationers still get some fun! :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom