Cobalt Coast Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BDSC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
It looks like the owners of the Little Cayman Beach a Resort/Cayman Brac Beach Resort have bought the Cobalt Coast Resort on Grand Cayman. They certainly run top notch operations at LC and CB. Hope they do the same with this resort.

Very interesting. Please post updates as they come in. Thanks.

Very interesting. Are you in LC now BDSC? Or was that last week? We are supposed to fly out that direction Sunday unless Danny does something unexpected in the next 48 hours. Water temp still around 86?

Here now and flying out tomorrow. Conditions this week have been stellar. Calm seas and unlimited visibility all week.

Yep, water temps in mid 80's.

---------- Post added August 21st, 2015 at 05:52 PM ----------

I'm going to get more details when I go to DEMA about what's going on. Would love to check the place out once they take over. The guy who runs the dive operation here, Craig, is supposed to run the dive operation there and possibly take over eventually as the resort manager.

Cobalt was already a top notch operation. If the Tibbets family did really buy Cobalt, I guess Dive Tech will be out and Reef Divers in.

Any word on who would be taking over for Craig at LCBR?

Glad y'all had a good trip! Bummed a bit that we weren't in a position to commit to the trip with y'all earlier this year. We will miss you by one day...flying in Sunday as long as Danny looks like he will be minding his own business and staying north of the Antilles (or better yet, fizzling out in the dry air) later next week.

Yep. Dive Tech will be leaving. I think they are in the process of relocating. Not sure who will take over the dive operation at LCBR. There is some who think they are looking outside the group. Sharon could do it but she doesn't have a lot of time left before she has to leave for a year so that works against her.

BDSC, have you heard anything about the remodeling at brac reef beach resort?

Please post a report of your LCBR trip when you get home, safe travels.

You too Aggie, have fun!

Last edited:
Cobalt was already a top notch operation.

Which raises the question of what divers who've been there would like for the new management to do differently, if anything?

Are you wanting 'same old, same old,' or changes?

Richard.

What about Kids Sea Camp at Cobalt Coast? As soon as the daughter is old enough, we planned to do that...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom