Cochran dive computers... good or bad?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HOWEVER. I dive a rebreather, and use the constant PO2 function. I ABSOLUTELY HATE the fact that this unit does not have any way to switch to bailout should the need arise. As they have the tap screen (which is pretty much useless as it stands), they could have easily implemented a simply "TAP SCREEN FOR BAILOUT" to allow you to then us the OC plan and gas switches. Unfortunately, this does not exist and so if you bail out, better carry tables.
-S

I ordered the Genisis because it can be mated up to a rebreather much like you use your EMC-20H. The difference I was told is that with the Genisis, when you stop drawing off the regulator that it is attached to, it will do an auto gas switch. If you were to run a standard PO2 for your rebreather and set the second gas to your bailout mix you would have the best of both worlds (to some extent).

That is one of the reasons I made the order. We will see how it works out. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom