Comment before i buy tomorrow !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dxtreme

Reaction score
1) Mares Syncro Power Tech BC

2) ScubaPro MK 25/ S600

3) Oceanic DataMax Pro Plus 2

4) COmpas for the Computer above

5) ScubaPro R180 Octopus

6) Case for the Reg

Brand New all for $1170

This is going to be my first setup and i plan to dive a lot this Summer.

Please let me know.

Should i get Scubapro R380 Octo instead of the R 180 Octo ??

Dxtreme,

I use a Scubapro MK 25 / S600, and it is one of the best breathing regs that I have ever used. You've made a great choice with this reg.

I use an Oceanic Sidescan compass, which I use on a wrist-mount, and have been happy with it, too.

I can't tell you anything about the other equipment, as I have no experience with those items.

What - no BP/wings?

What are you thinking? :D

Marc :jester:

Scubapro regulators are great.

I think you mean R 190, not R 180. For an octopus an R 190 is fine, the R 380 is a high performance second stage. Save your money.

Instruments:

The Datamax Pro with a compass will make for a bulky console. A wrist mount Versa Pro with a separate analog SPG has a lower MSRP and work just fine (might not cost less than what you are paying. Get a wrist mount compass later, unless you know how to use one now.

BC:

I am not familiar with the one that you have chosen. Ask your dealer if he has a Mares Jubilee. I have never laid eyes on one, but it looks like a really fine BC to me. OTOH, if the Mares fits well, that counts for a lot.

Overall, for the money, you are getting a lot of gear. My tastes are different, but we are different people.

I plan to do warm water / summer/fall diving / tropical

the reg case is actually thrown for free . I dont have to pay for it.

Yeah i probarbly pay the extra $ 20 for the R380 Octo

THe whole setup (brand New) costs me $1170

Sounds like a good deal. I paid a little under $500 for just the Mk25/S600. I agree that if you get a chance to check out the Jubilee then do so. I looked at one testerday and it is a very nice piece and will be a breeze to pack for trips as it folds almost completely flat...or atleast as close as you can get with a BC. Also, I have heard some complaints that the Syncro Power Tech is kinda heavy which might be something to consider. I am not real familar with the Oceanic computers, but they are very similiar if not the same to Aeris and they tend to be more liberal than most. As long as you don't dive to the limits you should be ok though.

the R380 octopus is not as tuned as the R380 normal second stage plus comes with a natty yellow front panel! It's also smaller so I think if you are only paying $20 extra I think that is a good option.

Good regs, can't comment on the other stuff - good price too for all that stuff.

Jonathan

Back
Top Bottom