COMMENTS SUGGESTIONS THOUGHTS ON Wrinkles Halloween Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mccabejc:
Thanks to everyone for all the work you did to make this so much fun, and to the great San Diego guys for their hospitality. By the way, I'm still trying to figure out how Sean stayed underwater for so long. I think just after we got there (around 10am) someone said "Oh, Sean's out there somewhere", and it wasn't until we were about to leave around 2:30 that he finally showed up. I'm fully expecting his dive report to show "Bottom Time: 4:10".

Jim, I was with Paul Simon, I mean Simon and Paul, getting the 21 tanks refilled. OEX took a long time and were unable to fully fill high pressure tanks due to a breakdown. Next time I would give Ocean Enterprises or Aqua Tek a shot at our business.

I regret not spending more time at the BBQ, but after getting the tanks we went for a 2nd dive, then I came over to the BBQ where we chatted. Those chicken wings and burgers really hit the spot! The food was great!

sapphire:
What a great Wrinkles Dive day-- the best turnout to-date!!
Jennifer

Great meeting you Jennifer. Nice pictures. Thanks for sharing them.

Divebuddysean said
I was with Paul Simon, I mean Simon and Paul, getting the 21 tanks refilled.
Sean, many thanks to you and Paul Simon for the tank run. Without you it would have been an two tank day for me and a one tank day for others.

Terry

What a wonderful experience. Really enjoyed it and hope we do it again. The entire gang really out did them selves on this one. Great diveing and great dive partners.

Here are a few more. Does everyone recognize Wrinkles in her angel costume??

I echo the comments above - many thanks to everyone that contributed to the gathering. This was my first "Wrinkle's Dive" and I came away having had a great time and meeting some great people (always seems that divers make good company!). Hope to see you guys in the near future ... and I think that we should have an Annual Wrinkle's Halloween Dive in San Diego :)

And to the guys who didn't get a chance to do a night dive ... you REALLY did miss a great night dive on the North Wall! Would Anna lie to you? :wink:

Paul :)

sapphire:
Here are a few more.

Very nice job on the sunset Sapphire!! Thanks for sharing the pictures!

divinman:
Very nice job on the sunset Sapphire!! Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Thanks, the sunset is all due to your expert advice. I almost did not post that one because I like yours better!

After over a month in the making, I was not sure how this weekend would eventually turn out. After all it was held at the end of October. But I do not think I saw one cloud all day.
I seems burned into my brain, that first surface swim of the morning. The sun broke out over the La Jolla hills and I was actually getting warm again.
(Walking around in the dark setting up, wearing flip flops and shorts, is not a good thing, my feet were freezing, this is the first thing, I am going to different next time.)

The other thing I would do differently next time, would be to bring 2 tanks instead of one. We had so many to fill at once I think we overwelmed that dive shop. But with 2 tanks, (and there were some folks that brought 4) it would work out a lot better, not that I minded the surface interval, there were so many cool folks to talk with.

So in closing, I just wanted to thank everyone for making this dive day better than I could have ever imagined. What a great day, from sunrise to sunset, it couldn't have turned out any better.

I had such a good time and am glad that we all were able to get together! At our next Wrinkle's Dive, we need to have a introduction session where we can all spout off our real names and for those of you with imagination, your screen names! I am so sorry that I couldn't stay longer...next time definately!

Everyone made it such a wonderful day!!! Thanks :10:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom