COMMENTS SUGGESTIONS THOUGHTS ON Wrinkles Halloween Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Like everyone else has already said - it was great with a lot of great people doing a lot of great things! It was nice to meet everyone and to put a face with an avatar! Shakazulu, I think I will keep with the avatar in your case :)

Sorry I had to 'dive and run' after the first dive - but I 'had' to watch the Oklahoma/Oklahoma State game with my wife. I only got in 3 dives - but Simon and I hit the beach again at 6:30am the next morning!

Thanks again to everyone who did so much to make it a success! If it ends up being an annual Halloween dive - maybe we can hit the Cove next time and dive Boomers, Alligator Head, the Rock Pile and others - avoid those deep dives and get some kelp, reef and lobster in the mix?!

I echo the sentiments of those before me in thanking the organizers of this event. It was a nice time and interesting diving. Our little team of 4 explored quite a bit of territory and were fortunate enough to see 2 of the biggest halibuts I have ever seen underwater....and some pretty big sheepheads as well.

The location was great, in fact it inspires me to suggest Heisler Park .aka. Picnic Beach right next to Diver's Cove in Laguna Beach for an upcoming Wrinkles Dive. Laguna Sea Sport is close by for fills. There are several reefs that can be explored and a family of large bat rays in the area. I realize that with the season change, we may want to wait a while....but I also have been at Laguna Beach in December when it was in the 80s and 90s, so who knows.

Thanks again and congrats to Jennifer for her Nitrox Cert..

I'm a bit late at getting back on the board until today, but better late than never. I had an awesome time!

Thanks to all who made this such an extaordinary day.

I agree with Otter (Craig) about maybe using Heisler Park in Laguna. This would give easy walking access to a whole bunch of dive sites and also be nice for non-divers if the weather is nice. The areas near Malibu or Palos Verdes might be nice as well. However, off the top of my head, I'm not sure what might compare to these parks for the non-dive portion of our festivities around Malibu.

We need to get some sort of "dive tram" where people can just step on and be dropped off and picked up at various sites in an area. Kind of like the trucks that they use in Big Bear for shuttling skiers to and from the parking lots. OK maybe that's a bit too ambitious. :11:

Thanks also go out to those that made the evening at Rock Bottom Brewery fantastic as well!

I can't wait to see where we will wind up in November, but we'll need to figure it out pretty soon since I don't imagine that we'll be going on Thanksgiving weekend. It looks like we have the next 3 weekends to choose from and this one is probably a bit to close already. I like Saturdays because of the recovery time it gives you before the week starts again on Monday

What days are good for Wrinkles? Wrinkles. start a new poll!

Christian

Either Nov. 20th or 27th look like possible dates...we should see what date works for the most people... Heissler park would be a great spot.. Marineland and Leo Carrillo are possible LA county sites..

Maybe the next dive should be called the "Roger and Tina Dive" in honor of all the cooking they did! or the AnnMarie Dive - did she buy all the burgers? how about the RAT dive? (Roger/AnnMarie/Tina) - then we'd have to have it at RAT beach...

Your too much! "Wrinkles" is the name that started it all so it should stay the same.

The 20th,21st,or the 28th is good for us. I can make it the 27th but my fiance Tina has to work that day.

Perhaps we should start a new thread to get this more organized.

I can't make the 28th as I am already committed to my "other" gear intensive hobby.

Terry

scubapro5:
Your too much! "Wrinkles" is the name that started it all so it should stay the same.

The 20th,21st,or the 28th is good for us. I can make it the 27th but my fiance Tina has to work that day.
I agree, Wrinkles must stay the name! :D

Now Ana needs to put up a poll, so that people can vote for a day. This seems like an appropriate week to vote about it. :wink:

I'm up for doing it on the 20th! This way most people can continue the festivities into the evening and not worry about having to work the next day. They can even spend the night and still get home the day before they have to go to work.

By the way Roger, your cooking rocks!

Christian

I am sure Ana will put up a poll soon, but she and I have already been talking about dates and she has a final on the 20th...

jennifer

Well, if it must be on a Saturday, then I'm glad that it will be in Laguna this time. Then i can at least go for the afternoon (work until 1 in yorba Linda, so I can be to Laguna by 2:30, 3 at the latest. That's easily enough for 2 dives). i'm really sorry I missed this past weekend - it sounds like you guys had a blast. Hopefully Nov. will work out!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom