Compensation for Scuba Classes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is becoming interesting.

Maybe the small amount of money one gets can be perceived as tips..?
Tips are income, no? Jeez, 6 years ago I forgot to report that one beer a student bought for me (my only tip ever).

Tips are income, no? Jeez, 6 years ago I forgot to report that one beer a student bought for me (my only tip ever).
1beer as a tip ever! Cheap students. Last week got $200 from 1 person as a tip. Same person also told me he owes me a trip to island resort of my choice. Only 1 other time I received a trip as a tip. Where to go? Maybe Bonaire.

1beer as a tip ever! Cheap students. Last week got $200 from 1 person as a tip. Same person also told me he owes me a trip to island resort of my choice. Only 1 other time I received a trip as a tip. Where to go? Maybe Bonaire.
Those tips you got are unbelievable. I don't recall ever seeing a student here tip an instructor. Just didn't seem the protocol I guess. You were saying your DMs can make maybe $200 in tips assisting and going to Dutch Springs. No tips for us here, though we did get $300 CAD per OW course. I'm surprised your DMs don't get salary.

Those tips you got are unbelievable. I don't recall ever seeing a student here tip an instructor. Just didn't seem the protocol I guess. You were saying your DMs can make maybe $200 in tips assisting and going to Dutch Springs. No tips for us here, though we did get $300 CAD per OW course. I'm surprised your DMs don't get salary.
Everyone here is at a minimum a owsi , some are msdt and a few are IDCS. DM used for training dives , we advise students to tip them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom