Computer with big letters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well I asked the wrong question. I should have asked if any of you have a better way to strap it to my wrist. I went to order a set of the plastic bungee adapters listed above there at least 10 days or more out. I happen to know a guy who fabricates things like this in his sleep. At least when hes not having nightmares about working on cars. I going to come in and make them over the weekend. Thanks for that tip. I want it on my forearm up closer to my elbow ill incorporate a way to make it more adjustable for different conditions thanks a lot for that tip.

I am fine with every function of this computer and have no need to replace it if I can stick it to my arm without it flopping around or the strap breaking and I loose it.

with a plus 3 magnifier im still struggling with smaller letter the Scubapro display is fine all of our smaller computers are just to hard to read everything clearly especially in lower lighting the worst is in really low vis when the backlighting wont overcome it.
Perhaps you could simply drill some holes in the current strap, tie your bungee through the holes as one continuous piece and just cut off the excess strap material.

Something like this. DIY Bungee Mount
bysa6upu.jpg

This has been really helpful. The second images show me how simple this will be. I will tinker with aluminum and plastic and see if either works best for me. I do a little fabricating. Hopefully I can find some bungee cord thats durable out here ( big foot is my next door neighbor its often like I live on another planet) so I know what size to drill those holes but this looks a simple fix. One thing I think I will do on mine is make each bungee separate or a knot at each point so if one were to break it would still be there.

As to using the origonal strap for any part of it that strap isnt worthy of the plastic bag it comes in. I bought two straps thinking I was doing something wrong with the first one. Seeing the number of people interested in the set the guy above had made tells me Im not loosing my mind. Not that im not loosing my mind.

Thanks Ill post pictures when I get it figured out.

Talk about KISS I went off the deep end looking for a solution here and I think I have one for most people. That being people with small wrists may not have enough room with the buckle to give them enough of the elastic to fit well. However for medium or larger wrists or any one wearing it on there forearms its going to be a solution. I did spend two hours whittling at a piece of aluminum this morning that actually looked pretty good but to get the material thin enough at the point where the pin lives the aluminum I was working with I which was thinking about a piece of SS brake line welded to a thin piece of stainless with bungees but the SS brake line would take ordering it. I mentioned Im OCD ADD and a few other mental conditions that prevent me from moving on until Ive either burned something to the ground of fixed it. I probably wont sleep for a month while Im building the ladder for my new dive boat:)

The belt came from REI called Arcade the elastic is soft and very thick and strong. I forsee years of life. Make sure you use heavy duty UV thread I used thread that is for awnings and canvas. Make the loops as tight as possible so theres more room for the buckles and elastic that will stretch.

The belt was $26 from REI but theres lots left over to make other things. But ive thrown $80 dollars at bands and one retractor and a clip so $26 for a real fix is actually great especially given that I was in fact ready to move on to another computer. The only thing, I wished I had worn the belt a couple days it might be a really good as just a belt. Im going to do the same for my wifes next maybe Illl give that one a try as a belt first.

While the pictures dont show how well this fits you can adjust this to what ever tension you want from loose to tourniquet level. Just don’t pinch your skin in the buckle its got a nice bite.

Attachments

• 26A2B0B3-D081-4658-ACE7-A2E270402E75.jpeg
    26A2B0B3-D081-4658-ACE7-A2E270402E75.jpeg
    99.9 KB · Views: 50
  • BAECDE6F-04F7-40F4-9551-F2C46A0BF660.jpeg
    BAECDE6F-04F7-40F4-9551-F2C46A0BF660.jpeg
    54.5 KB · Views: 56
  • 03D1B47A-533F-43F2-9AAB-9F1B01D2B37E.jpeg
    03D1B47A-533F-43F2-9AAB-9F1B01D2B37E.jpeg
    76.3 KB · Views: 56
  • 54B789E1-475B-4846-9E07-4FD55CBE8FAF.jpeg
    54B789E1-475B-4846-9E07-4FD55CBE8FAF.jpeg