Computers & DIR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Andy:
sorry JeffG, that's "grammar"

not "grammer" (though I hear Grammer, Indiana, is a lovely place)
Yea yea yea...again fixed ^%^%$^%$

"Some actually believe they deserve this info for free and everyone else should hop to it to give it to them.

They can either a) Learn to search on the internet b) take the class and ask c) Learn about decompression and figure out some "rules of thumb" (corrected as per pants! grammar lesson....corrected again two ficks my spel mistok as per H2dudey)."

This thread is BS, there is no method, you guys are just making it up as you go. You claim computer users don't know their method/algorithm but when asked the same question about the DIR method there is only some reference to a link by WK$# and several exposes therin about how he knows what he is doing but never actually describes it's application beyond some 19,0000 foot cave dive and something about the Force.
Why have a DIR forum if it is all a secret to which an applicant must endure some bizzare DIRF ritual and prove his worth to the Great Guru before being given the keys to DIR Knowledge? The answer apparently is that there is no such knowledge, your just making it up.
When God came upon Moses on high he gave to him the Ten Commandments and because God is all knowing he also knew that if he did not inscribe them into stone with fire that by the time Moses got to the bottom of the mountain he would have forgotten half of them and by the time he verbally transferred the remainder to the sinners below they would soon have totally altered the original meaning and broken the remainder. I think that applies here, if it ain't written down in total, it ain't for real. G'day, "sore and tingly", yeah!

"Exactly... I was thinking someone would say "because so & so says..."

((that would be G.I.??))

then the anti-dive computer fight would begin.

((at least they have an algorithm))

As I said earlier... I'll pay for the class, but thanks for the primer.

((but it was said here they don't teach the method in the class?))

I grew up and taught the "follow the tables or you will die" concept,

((well, they do sorta work and at least they are written down))

but I always thought there had to be a better way of doing it.

((maybe there is but what is it that is better exactly?))

Now that I am out of my self-impossed hiatus from diving,

((why?))

I am primed to learn a different way of doing things... "

((why?))

Good luck in all that. Hope it works out for you, sincerely.
N

Nemrod:
This thread is BS, there is no method, you guys are just making it up as you go.
Gaaack...We have been found out.

Luckily there are other classes out there that teach Decompression Theory... as for being out of diving for a while... married with children, and as for learning something new, been there done that... thanks for your interest.

That's funny Nemrod, I thought a gave you a pretty decent starter of exactly what you asked for.

I guess I may as well not offer the actual Tech 1 Ratio Deco either? :D

Nemrod:
This thread is BS, there is no method, you guys are just making it up as you go.

This is the beauty of America. If you don't like it, dive your way. Just qwitcher*****in.

Dive your computer, I promise not to think any less of you.

Nemrod:
This thread is BS, there is no method, you guys are just making it up as you go. You claim computer users don't know their method/algorithm but when asked the same question about the DIR method there is only some reference to a link by WK$# and several exposes therin about how he knows what he is doing but never actually describes it's application beyond some 19,0000 foot cave dive and something about the Force.
Why have a DIR forum if it is all a secret to which an applicant must endure some bizzare DIRF ritual and prove his worth to the Great Guru before being given the keys to DIR Knowledge? The answer apparently is that there is no such knowledge, your just making it up.
When God came upon Moses on high he gave to him the Ten Commandments and because God is all knowing he also knew that if he did not inscribe them into stone with fire that by the time Moses got to the bottom of the mountain he would have forgotten half of them and by the time he verbally transferred the remainder to the sinners below they would soon have totally altered the original meaning and broken the remainder. I think that applies here, if it ain't written down in total, it ain't for real. G'day, "sore and tingly", yeah!

I believe it is written down. It's at the back of the cave in the in the arc of the covenant, written on a "golden" table. You can only get there by going downtown, not on a toy scooter and not by lookin' slick.:D

onfloat:
I believe it is written down. It's at the back of the cave in the in the arc of the covenant, written on a "golden" table. You can only get there by going downtown, not on a toy scooter and not by lookin' slick.:D
and for those of you that actually understand all the "odd" references in this statement...you have proven that "Yes...you are a Gomer" :wink:

Nemrod This thread is BS:
LOL!! Geez, man it never fails. Every time I come here it takes mere seconds to run into a post that provides more entertainment and laughs than america's funniest home videos.

I understand this process. I have it written down. I can explain it to anyone who may want to know but get real - its not the kind of thing that you can communicate through a internet forum (especially since I have no clue who the audience is). This is why it is advised to TAKE THE CLASS (this is your "bizarre ritual") and learn it from someone who is QUALIFIED (this would be the "great guru") to teach it.

I'll make you a deal. If you can make a post on here that explains everything there is to know about diving tables (rep dives, altitude, RNT/TNT etc) so that a newbie can understand and SAFELY apply them and go diving then maybe I'll explain this theroy for you. Also, this way people can skip over the NDL tables class in their OW course and just come here and read your post! You may have to mail them a c-card but that's OK, right? Why keep all this diving knowledge secret - this is a scuba forum afterall, right? Why have OW classes when we have the scubaboard!!!
It'll be a win-win!!!

Nemrod ((well:
So, if they "sorta" work is that for when you're only "sorta" diving?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom