Concerns about moderating policies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont find it amusing, I am a firm believer of freedom of information. A better approach from the board would of been once the issue was resolved, would be to let the people that it may of affected know there was an issue and there personal data is safe. Not just delete it and pretend it never happened. Poor form imho.
Feel free to leave at any time...

Frankly, once any of us reach any level of animosity towards another user, or they us, we stop moderating them. I have a list of about 6 people I won't deal with unless it's a time critical issue.

Then I hope a certain mod has stop moderating me!

Will you completely delete my account so my personal information is no longer available to hackers on this site?
Absolutely - Is now a good time for you?

It'll take about 30 seconds to convert your account to a permanent guest account and wipe your profile. Your posts will remain since with 15K plus they are entwined in numerous threads and if removed would cause too much confusion. And your username will still be associated with each one.

Please send me a message to confirm your intent: https://www.scubaboard.com/community/conversations/

Last edited:
Here's a little follow-up on what actually happened straight from the person who would know since he fixed it.

The site wasn't compromised, one article was affected. Neither the server, database, nor anyone's data was at risk.

Additionally, the article is on our Wordpress site, which has an entirely separate database from the xXenforo database (where the user info is stored).

Last edited:
burgundy.jpg

Absolutely - Is now a good time for you?

It'll take about 30 seconds to convert your account to a permanent guest account and wipe your profile. Your posts will remain since with 15K plus they are entwined in numerous threads and if removed would cause too much confusion. And your username will still be associated with each one.

Please send me a message to confirm your intent: https://www.scubaboard.com/community/conversations/

Now would be a good time, if and only if the name "awap" and all associated personal information is purged from all your data.

Ouch. Hope his experience and perspective returns via a better secured account. Burner email address, remote accessed vpn, unrelated user name. Whatever satisfies his privacy concerns.

...Of course whatever allowed by TOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom