Confession: Addicted to crappy fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I really like a soft and flexible fin like the Scuba Pro Jet. I don't know how people deal with stiff fins.

N

THE Jet fin or the Jet Sport? :wink:
scubapro-jetfins.jpg

jetsportadj_red.png

I mean exactly what I said.

N

Gotcha. That's a real nice yellow Jet fin. I just never heard of anyone referring to them as soft and flexible.

I'm still p****d that Farallon Fins were discontinued, the original not the ankle brace model. Oh, by the way, they were the first with spring straps and standard issue at that. Yes, they were a bit on the stiff side.

Bob
-------------------------
I may be old, but I'm not dead yet.

Gotcha. That's a real nice yellow Jet fin. I just never heard of anyone referring to them as soft and flexible.

Hey, sorry if I sounded sharp, it was not intentional. I just never really considered Jets to be all that stiff compared to many fins I have used. I think it is the balance of tip flexibility coupled with decent backbone that makes the Jet such a great fin, there are stiffer fins, especially in the past.

Well, back to Blade Runner, 30th year edition, :). Can you believe it :D.

N

Apparently there seems to be some minor variations of the jets, in the vent holes you can see some numbers like 1 to 3 or so and I have heard some people saying that different nos due to different productions will be stiffer or softer? I'm guessing here.

However, I do find my XL a heck of a lot stiffer then my L jets.

I too went with some OMS's for my DS and hate them..

I like mine so much I got an extra pair in case OMS decides to quit making them. They're the easiest fins for back kicking and turning that I've ever used. I do find the extra weight of the Jets lets me trim out better in doubles and a dry suit though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom