Conshelf fans welcomed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have heard that before. Any confirmation?

Very good idea for someone who wants to upgrade a non-environmentally sealed Conshelf, but if already environmentally sealed, I would keep it liquid filled. I haven't tried it my self, but I know of others who have used alcohol or food grade or RV antifreeze

According to Aqualungs parts catalog the Conshelf 21 uses the same dry environmental kit as the Titan, Couseau/SEA and several others. The kit no. is 100525

To answer Diveanytime about what fluid to use, you can by the one listed in the Conshelf manual, or use a food safe silicon. I used an aerosol from CRC that is used in food service.

Make sure that all your adjustments are complete before proceeding.

I sprayed some into a paper funnel cup (the ones on the side of water coolers), so that the aerosol could collect in the bottom. You won't need alot, only 1 or 2 oz's.

Make sure that you pressurize the 1st stage first, (Don't ask how I know that...) then pour the liquid in the chamber and finish by screwing the seal and retainer ring down.

When you relieve the pressure the environmental seal will suck back in a little, and leave a dimple.

I have used mine in some real nasty places without any adverse effects.

Hi everyone.... After reading all 25 pages of this thread, I know I'm in the right place.... Just getting back in to diving after many yrs away... Got the wife her open water card and setting up gear for us....

Got two brand new in the box with the tags still on them, Conshelf Surpremes with octo and gauges for $275.00 .... SERIAL DATE 78 on the octo's and 79 on the 2nd stage surpremes... 4000psi on the yoke of 1st stage...

I need / want to clean and service them before use of course.... Need to know... Do I use the cold water parts in the octo's like a surpreme or use the XIV parts ? Any tricks I need to know ? Have the tech manual on pdf and printed out.... The only thing that's wrong with them is the black seal on the 1st stage is no longer dimpled in like it should be, But.... After 30+ yrs a little air many have leaked in...

Any help would be GREAT.....

jim...

I am a devotee of the Conshelf series, but all mine are the standard versions. I don't do cold water, so my regs aren't environmentally sealed. Perhaps Herman or Luis can give you some advice.

The Conshelf first stage work well in cold water (here in Maine during the summer) even without the environmental kit in place. I would not worry about the environmental kit unless you are planning on diving in the winter, ice diving, etc.

I have several Conshelf Supreme, other Conshelf, and my wife’s Titan and I have installed the newer dry environmental kit on all of them. The Conshelf can use the same environmental kit as for the Titan.

If you service it as a Supreme, you will need some silicone oil to fill the chamber.

Look at the diagram below. I use the kit described on the right.

Conshelf22-21-20-XIVXIVsupPartlist.jpg

Where in Maine are located?

Northern Maine.... The ice is off the lakes in may some yrs.....

Jim...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom