Covid testing in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you sure it wasn't just for agricultural inspection? Customs only inspects bags on arrival to a country, not when departing. But every time we've flown from Puerto Rico back to the US, we've had to put our bags through agricultural inspection before departing. It was still a domestic flight, though, and no customs inspection required once we arrived on the mainland.

Back in the days when Customs was a major bottleneck when entering the US we used to bring fish we had caught back from Cozumel and go through the agricultural line. The regular line would be way backed up but there would be no one in the agri line.
"Whatcha got?"
"Frozen fish."
"Go on through." They didn't even look.

Strangely, the US Virgin Islands, even though we are a US territory, are excluded by law from the "customs territory of the US". Therefore, you do pass through a Custom's checkpoint at the airport on your flight back to the mainland.

Good to know... thanks!

I've to say I find y'all's definition of "stress-free"... interesting -- and being an IT geek, I actually don't need to show up at work after my accrued leave time runs out, all I need's a decent 'net connection.

I've to say I find y'all's definition of "stress-free"... interesting -- and being an IT geek, I actually don't need to show up at work after my accrued leave time runs out, all I need's a decent 'net connection.
Well certainly a stress for me - and I am only speaking for myself, not you or anyone else - is the thought of going to Cozumel, testing positive and not being able to fly back home. That is a potentially stressful situation. Maybe not for you, but I'm not speaking for you, only myself.

With advances net-meeting apps & ‘net connection, I know a few people who “work from home”, were actually on their vacation home, over a thousand-mile away from home.

I am in a real “stress-free” world now, as I retired last August. My worry now is getting the dang virus while on vacation overseas. So I wear mask whenever I am with strangers and wash / wipe my hands before I touch things that’s not belong to me.

So far so good. COVID-19 free in the last 11 months. Had 4 COVID-19 tests with negative results.

Hopefully I’ll get vaccinated this month before my next overseas trip.

And being a manager of IT geeks, when they can't do their job because their Cozumel island Internet craps out, i'd be hard charging for dismissal due to job abandonment.

Not being able to get back to work because you left the country and got COVID is a horribly bad look.... regardless of career.

Well certainly a stress for me - and I am only speaking for myself, not you or anyone else - is the thought of going to Cozumel, testing positive and not being able to fly back home. That is a potentially stressful situation. Maybe not for you, but I'm not speaking for you, only myself.
Not to mention testing positive and actually becoming seriously ill with COVID - Cozumel is not a place I'd want to be in that situation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom