Covid testing in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just got back from diving Coz Tuesday last week and we made it back in the nick of time seeing how this thing exploded within days after being back. We had to test negative in order to return to the US. The resort provided the testing which was awesome. We were at Palace. At the time, testing availability was not an issue but of course that has likely changed over the last week. I’m so over this thing. Ready to dive again for spring break but hesitant to book a flight right now. Good luck with your travels and stay safe!!!

Omicron receded in South Africa as quickly as it spiked and Fauci said he expected it to peak in the US by end of January. I'm not expecting this to be a long-lasting issue. Mexico is lagging the US by about a month but I wouldn't be deterred from booking for the spring, and definitely ok for summer.

“It certainly peaked pretty quickly in South Africa,” where the highly transmissible new variant was identified last month, Fauci said. “It went up almost vertically and turned around very quickly.”

“I would imagine, given the size of our country and the diversity of vaccination versus not vaccination, that it likely will be more than a couple of weeks, probably by the end of January, I would think,” Fauci said.

Fauci also said it is technically possible that omicron could hasten the end of the pandemic, if it proves true that that variant, with its high degree of transmissibility, replaces other strains of the virus that cause more severe infections.

You keep saying that but have you tried using the online form in CZM? What is your source? I and many others can attest to using the online customs form in CZM many times over the last few years.
Please direct me to the form that allows the selection of Cozumel as a point of entry. I have always gone to this site
Datos de identificación

and the drop down menu for customs office is a rather short list of cities with many smaller airports not listed. If there is another government site that allows you to select Cozumel it would like to use it in the future.

1642154707306.png

Please direct me to the form that allows the selection of Cozumel as a point of entry. I have always gone to this site
Datos de identificación

and the drop down menu for customs office is a rather short list of cities with many smaller airports not listed. If there is another government site that allows you to select Cozumel it would like to use it in the future.

View attachment 700631

Simple. The office is administrative. When you pass through the scanners and agents you aren't going through the customs "office" but through the customs "checkpoint". For the "Customs office" (aduano del ingreso on the Spanish form) select "Cancun". Now for the "Checkpoint" (Punto de Revision on the Spanish form) select "Al de Cozumel".

Your link is the one I use and I fill it out as described above and it always works. Not even a hesitation or sideways glance.

Edited: I had the Spanish form labels for office and checkpoint reversed in the original post.

Omicron receded in South Africa as quickly as it spiked and Fauci said he expected it to peak in the US by end of January. I'm not expecting this to be a long-lasting issue. Mexico is lagging the US by about a month but I wouldn't be deterred from booking for the spring, and definitely ok for summer.

“It certainly peaked pretty quickly in South Africa,” where the highly transmissible new variant was identified last month, Fauci said. “It went up almost vertically and turned around very quickly.”

“I would imagine, given the size of our country and the diversity of vaccination versus not vaccination, that it likely will be more than a couple of weeks, probably by the end of January, I would think,” Fauci said.

Fauci also said it is technically possible that omicron could hasten the end of the pandemic, if it proves true that that variant, with its high degree of transmissibility, replaces other strains of the virus that cause more severe infections.

While I certainly hope that the omicron variant wave peaks and recedes rapidly on its own and soon in the US and in Mexico, the fact that it has done so in other locations is no guarantee that the same thing will happen here. My group have plane tix to Cozumel in April; we will sit tight and hope for the best.

I think the US will likely see prolonged numbers over the next month as it peaks in different places at different times. Just like every other wave, they hit different places at different times.

While I certainly hope that the omicron variant wave peaks and recedes rapidly on its own and soon in the US and in Mexico
Some suggest that it's doing so in the areas that got hit first, running later in the South.

While I certainly hope that the omicron variant wave peaks and recedes rapidly on its own and soon in the US and in Mexico, the fact that it has done so in other locations is no guarantee that the same thing will happen here. My group have plane tix to Cozumel in April; we will sit tight and hope for the best.

Nothing guaranteed. I would not cancel but would watch closely.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom