Covid testing in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"I would make sure that I confirmed that before traveling. The people checking docs in foreign countries may not be that well informed."
Yeah, I will confirm with the airline.

"you might want to get the antibody test."
Wasn't planning on that, but I'll be talking to my Doc soon. We are planning to arrive in Cozumel on 2/13.

"I would make sure that I confirmed that before traveling. The people checking docs in foreign countries may not be that well informed."
Yeah, I will confirm with the airline.

"you might want to get the antibody test."
Wasn't planning on that, but I'll be talking to my Doc soon. We are planning to arrive in Cozumel on 2/13.
Please let us know how difficult/expensive it is to get tested on Cozumel before you return.

Please let us know how difficult/expensive it is to get tested on Cozumel before you return.

They won't need testing. They've already had the disease, So just a letter from their doctor to get out. (Maybe..:wink:).

They won't need testing. They've already had the disease, So just a letter from their doctor to get out. (Maybe..:wink:).
OK, but I expand my request to all Scubaboarders who travel to Cozumel while these requirements are still in effect. Please let the rest of us know how hard it is to get home.

Not sure why you think that you're 100% immune? Two vaccines being administered in the US are about 94% effective.

I do understand that, but the reason I wrote it was a friend (nurse) shared this chart and it seemed helpful in terms of timelines - I overstated the percentage when they simply referred to it as 'full immunity'. When Statista/Pfizer is calling something short of 100% 'full immunity', who am I to disagree? Remember, I'm not a scientist!

IMG-6133.jpg

I may be reading it all wrong, but it sounds like this deal was reached with the new cabinet.

“Some senior White House officials opposed it, and officials briefed on the matter said last week that U.S. public health officials had essentially given up winning approval until President-elect Joe Biden took office.”

U.S. to require negative COVID-19 tests for arriving international air passengers

I do understand that, but the reason I wrote it was a friend (nurse) shared this chartand it seemed helpful in terms of timelines - I overstated the percentage when they simply referred to it as 'full immunity'. When Statista/Pfizer is calling something short of 100% 'full immunity', who am I to disagree? Remember, I'm not a scientist!

View attachment 636114
Providing full immunity in this context means "making you as immune as the vaccine is capable of making you", which is by most estimates somewhere around 95%. I keep hearing that there is no evidence that the vaccine will be not or not as effective against the mutated strains that are showing up now, and I really, really (!) hope that the virus has not done an end run around the vaccine.

Providing full immunity in this context means "making you as immune as the vaccine is capable of making you".

Yeah, I get it. So ... as immune as we can get ... which is something over 0% presumably ... happens at about day 28 and has absolutely no value to us in terms of meeting travel requirements to or from the United States. And this is why we must still wear masks and social distance ... in perpetuity. What a disappointing cluster ...

Will do, but not returning home until March 28.

Sorry if this was discussed already but what if a guy received a vaccination before he went to Cozumel, would the CDC or airline ect... still require a new test?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom