Covid testing in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No. Not at all. If that has happened, and it has, we bust our tails as a team to get them back up. If it all proves fruitless, we will pay to put them and their family somewhere that is safe and back online. We don't mess around.

That's not what caused my response.

Go back and look at where this forked. Some "IT geek" not understanding why people would have stress and flauting their own ability to take a new advantage during and due to a global pandemic.
Ok, but your culture wouldn't fit in our company..we are extremely friendly and grateful for our employees for what they've done under extremely hard conditions...ill cut them all a break should one or more get hijacked while on holiday...

So then it is perfectly fine for you to do it, but other people can't?

You sound like the boss that let me go, without notice the day my FMLA ran out while I was dealing with cancer.

Couple things.

First, I wouldn't have even started my trip if I knew there was something outside of my control (that I was expressly warned about) that would keep me from returning. My visit was before mandatory testing, and you bet your rear I was super stressed about either getting sick while at Cozumel or becoming asymptomatic and crop dusting thousands of people on my return.

Second, if I did have an advantage over others.... I sure as heck wouldn't flaunt it and say you don't understand why others are so stressed.

Ok, but your culture wouldn't fit in our company..we are extremely friendly and grateful for our employees for what they've done under extremely hard conditions...ill cut them all a break should one or more get hijacked while on holiday...

Perhaps not. That's ok! :)

Under normal circumstances, I'd be 100% in agreement with your statement. But these are not normal times. Anyone doing international travel to take dive trips completely free of guilt or irresponsible feelings should have their heads examined.

There are plenty of other things to do right now for a holiday. International dive trips will return soon enough.

Couple things.

First, I wouldn't have even started my trip if I knew there was something outside of my control (that I was expressly warned about) that would keep me from returning. My visit was before mandatory testing, and you bet your rear I was super stressed about either getting sick while at Cozumel or becoming asymptomatic and crop dusting thousands of people on my return.

Second, if I did have an advantage over others.... I sure as heck wouldn't flaunt it and say you don't understand why others are so stressed.

Sounds like a lot of hypocrisy to me.

Was tested at Costamed Saturday, very clean and highly recommend

Oh yeah - I forgot about your trip. Are you going to write up a trip report (or did you and I missed it)?

Typing this from my resort room in PDC. 10 days here so far (Feb 4), we leave tomorrow afternoon. My son got his open water cert while we were here. He took the SSI pool classes and written test in Denver over Christmas break. We took our Covid antigen test on Saturday, all 4 of us passed with flying colors. The high today back home in Conifer, Colorado was around 4 degrees. Not really looking forward to heading back tomorrow. As Zac Brown says, "The senoritas don't care-o when there's no dinero
Yeah, I got no money to stay"

Dove with some bull sharks today, it was the highlight of the trip.

Our resort made testing a breeze. Printing of our negative results might be the hardest part, but that's for tomorrow.

I love being in Mexico, and hate heading home. :(

Our family vacation song...

Dan,

You’re a unique guy! I’m guessing no wife, ex-wife or children. You must have retired on a fabulous Wall Street pension and be in superhuman health. I’m envious. I doubt there are too many others on SB that could do what you do! I’m envious.

Tri

Dan just said he was retired. Nothing in his post suggested he was engaging in a lifestyle that requires a "fabulous Wall Street pension" (which is kind of an oxymoron... everyone knows that private companies have been eschewing pensions for decades in favor of 401k plans.)

And being retired certainly doesn't qualify as "unique". I'd bet there are plenty of people on SB that are retired like Dan. No need for envy, you'll be retired one day also.

Back
Top Bottom