Covid testing in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hopefully with the current testing supplies shortages and panic in the USA it will not cause a shortage in test kits in other countries.

As long as they have reams of paper, I bet them make it work....

As long as they have reams of paper, I bet them make it work....
Got a test in May and then again in June from the place of 65 & 11.
After I got home I pulled up the QR code on the June test and it linked to the one in May. 🥴

With the Omicron surge there are widespread shortages of quick antigen tests in the USA, how are supplies holding up in Cozumel? Has anyone had a problem get a test in the last week?

Has anyone had a problem get a test in the last week?
We were scheduled to get tested 7 Jan at Villa Aldora but it was cancelled because (as we were told) "all of the testing staff tested positive." We were tested at the hospital (across from the dive shop) and from walk-in to walk-out was about 20 minutes, results in about 2 hours.

Does the testing result HAVE to be uploaded to United's site, or could it just be presented at the CZM airport when checking in for the flight back to the US (like I did in October)? Anyone know?

Also...some conflicting info on United's web site...on one page it says US citizens do NOT need to present their vaccination card to re enter...but on another part, it says we do. I couldn't make sense of it.

Does the testing result HAVE to be uploaded to United's site, or could it just be presented at the CZM airport when checking in for the flight back to the US (like I did in October)? Anyone know?
Either is fine.
Also...some conflicting info on United's web site...on one page it says US citizens do NOT need to present their vaccination card to re enter...but on another part, it says we do. I couldn't make sense of it.
No vaccination card is needed to enter the US if you are a US citizen. From https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly/travel/what-to-expect.html
The U.S. requires a negative COVID-19 test or documentation of recovery for all incoming international travelers, including U.S. citizens. Additionally, travelers who are not U.S. citizens or legal residents, and traveling to the U.S. on a non-immigrant visa, are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.

We flew out on AA about 3 werks ago. It was a madhouse! Lines going everywhere. We had our documents loaded in VERIFLY. This allowed us to skip the 1st crazy long line that they had setup to check documents (before you are allowed to stand in crazy long line for checkin and crazy long line for security). They had a person checking your phone for VERIFLY approval.

If we had to stand in 1st line to check docs, it would have added 30-40 min on top of the 1.5 hrs it took to clear the checkin and security line.

With Omicron, expect even longer lines as people are out sick. Get there early (we got there 2.5 hrs early and had 30 min before we loaded).

Like DD said, I don't remember anyone looking for my vaccination card but, you only attested you were vacinated on one of the documents.

We flew out on AA about 3 werks ago. It was a madhouse! Lines going everywhere. We had our documents loaded in VERIFLY. This allowed us to skip the 1st crazy long line that they had setup to check documents (before you are allowed to stand in crazy long line for checkin and crazy long line for security). They had a person checking your phone for VERIFLY approval.

If we had to stand in 1st line to check docs, it would have added 30-40 min on top of the 1.5 hrs it took to clear the checkin and security line.
He's flying United which does not use Verifly, but it certainly could make the airport experience better if he did upload his test in advance. I saved that email and that document, and I think the site asked to upload it when I did the advance check-in online. It was approved in minutes. I also completed the health questions at Vuela Seguro which can be done within 12 hours of departure. All in all, I had an easy airport check-in, but then I got there very early - at least three hours before departure I think.

They have cleared the lobby of all chairs and benches tho, no place to sit until after security, and then not many there.

With Omicron, expect even longer lines as people are out sick. Get there early (we got there 2.5 hrs early and had 30 min before we loaded).

Like DD said, I don't remember anyone looking for my vaccination card but, you only attested you were vacinated on one of the documents.

Good to know. Never fly AA. We always fly United and last flew Dec 12, for the 4th since testing is required. No such Verifly crap, just one short line to check bags (we did get there 2 hours before flight) and less than ten people in security line. Time from getting out of cab to having a beer inside the secured area was about 15 minutes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom