Cozumel in July 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have not dove Tenkiller since doing my check out dives. Never dove Murray. Fortunately I have been able to dive in Coz several times a year. I would be needing a fix real bad to dive Tenkiller again, used to boat on Murray and maybe it would be better viz. How bout you?

I like murray better than TK, there's a beach area there that's nice and has a few plat forms and some other junk to look at then around the cove there's another good spot. I think the viz is better there but I'm sure both have there good and bad day's?

Okie,

Let me know when you are diving Murray. If my schedule allows I may try to meet you all. The only thing is my gear is stored in Coz, but I may bring it back on the July/August trip. Thinking of taking a fall trip someplace besides Coz.

Thanks,

dtcmarical

Okie,

Let me know when you are diving Murray. If my schedule allows I may try to meet you all. The only thing is my gear is stored in Coz, but I may bring it back on the July/August trip. Thinking of taking a fall trip someplace besides Coz.

Thanks,

dtcmarical

Will do! I'll start going down there end of may first of June and throughout the summer.....

Here's what we have so far!:bounce:

jipassov...........July 11-18th
Rogue..............July 11-18th
1kwik69............July 20-27th
jmani................July 12-18th
jwilson05...........July 7-14th
dtcmarcical........July 31st-August7th
judydivescoz.......June 27th-July 5th
oki dirt diver........July 21-30th

Last edited:
I booked our trip last Friday. We'll be at Villablanca 7/20-7/27. Haven't settled on a dive shop for this trip yet, but since I'm being budget conscience I'm still shopping around instead of going with the same place I've always gone with for more than a decade.

I booked our trip last Friday. We'll be at Villablanca 7/20-7/27. Haven't settled on a dive shop for this trip yet, but since I'm being budget conscience I'm still shopping around instead of going with the same place I've always gone with for more than a decade.

Did you contact Chucho yet? They have really competitve rates.

if your staying at Villa Blanca try to get suite over two singles rooms are nicer. Also why not go with Dive Paradise they use the dock right across the street. My feeling is it is the guide that makes the diving and they have some really nice people on their boats. You have your choice of "fast" boats to get down to Punta Sur or " Caribbean" boats that are more comfortable but slower. They also do trips north if they have enough advanced people who want to do that dive.

Did you contact Chucho yet? They have really competitve rates.

I saw that. Was planning to ask you what they're like. Small fast or big cattle boats. What are the odds on getting to Punta Sur, Columbia or Maracaibo if requested? Whoever we end up with, I'm hoping to get at least a couple of those dives in. We just did two days of 2 tanks in the Keys last month and our first day we ended up with lame really shallow dives because the place booked us with a bunch of snorkelers. We switched to a different shop for day 2 after that. I've been diving with the same shop in CZM for a really long time, but their prices have grown while some others haven't and now I'm looking at potentially $325 more for three divers to dive five 2 tanks with them. I've seen more than a few shops that offer discounts for 4 or more divers to make it a little closer, but there are only 3 divers in our group. Was thinking about Dive with Martin. They have competetive rates and I've heard good things about them.

Of course if any other dive ops on here want to offer a package deal for three of us to do 5 days I'll give it serious thought. :D

if your staying at Villa Blanca try to get suite over two singles rooms are nicer. Also why not go with Dive Paradise they use the dock right across the street. My feeling is it is the guide that makes the diving and they have some really nice people on their boats. You have your choice of "fast" boats to get down to Punta Sur or " Caribbean" boats that are more comfortable but slower. They also do trips north if they have enough advanced people who want to do that dive.

To be honest, I haven't even checked their rates because I haven't gone with either of the really big shops in CZM in a long time because I like the personal service you get with a smaller shop. I'll take a look though. Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom