Cozumel in July 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh I know all about those murkey lakes. Been diving Beaver Lake Arkansas quite a few times. I've also done Table rock and orenogo. Hell, I've even dived Party Cove at the lake of the Ozarks. Now that's some real midwest muck diving! Lol

We're also taking a look at Papa Hogs because they're right by our hotel, and also Dive with Martin. Both have really good rates. I guess it all depends on how much Christi tells me. I'll let you know.

P.S. I'm really not use to shopping a new dive shop after all these years. I hate doing it but my old shop keeps raising their rates. I know that several are priced right up there too, but it's gotten almost as expensive as Grand Cayman and they're ridiculously high. Paying for three divers is turning into a lot of money. I can't justify spending $300 more total just out of loyalty to one shop, no matter how good the service has been.....

What's Table Rock like?

My wife and I will be there June 29 - July 9th. Staying at the Villa Blanca and diving with Papa Hogs. We dove with them last trip and had a great time!!!

Last edited:
What's Table Rock like?
10-25 foot vis, a really cool huge bridge that's a great deep dive. Bring your
full wetsuit and hood! There's a dive shop right on the water at the park that
you can boat to to get tanks filled.

P.S. After discussing it, we've decided on Papa Hogs because they're right next
door to our hotel, their rates are good and they offer unlimited shore diving.
I can't pass that up! Even though we won't be on the same dive boats, we
should all get together for dinner or something?

10-25 foot vis, a really cool huge bridge that's a great deep dive. Bring your
full wetsuit and hood! There's a dive shop right on the water at the park that
you can boat to to get tanks filled.

P.S. After discussing it, we've decided on Papa Hogs because they're right next
door to our hotel, their rates are good and they offer unlimited shore diving.
I can't pass that up! Even though we won't be on the same dive boats, we
should all get together for dinner or something?

I'm all for getting together for drinks or dinner! What price does PH charge on their 3dive/5day package?

:snorkel:
jipassov...........July 11-18th
Rogue..............July 11-18th
1kwik69............July 20-27th
jmani................July 12-18th
jwilson05...........July 7-14th
dtcmarcical........July 31st-August7th
judydivescoz.......June 27th-July 5th
oki dirt diver........July 21-30th
Marcus08............June 28th-July 6th
bryanmc57..........June 29th-July 9th

I'm all for getting together for drinks or dinner! What price does PH charge on their 3dive/5day package?

If you're diving 3 or more days with them the rate is $58 per day for 2 tanks.
They charge $85 for a single 3 tank and the site doesn't list a price for multi
day 3 tanks.

It'll be just too convenient having the dive shop right next door and the unlimited
shore diving was definitely too much to pass up. They also have a restaurant for
breakfast or maybe a quick lunch after diving. They also said Punta Sur should be
no problem.

I sent them an email, I'm just curious what they charge compared to Chucho Divers?

I'll bet they do offer a multiday discount for 3 tanks since they definitely offer a discount for 2 tank days.
I've heard good things about them.

Will you be bringing a cell phone on your trip? I always have mine. The charge isn't bad at all unless you find yourself stuck on the phone for hours with the airline because they lost half of your group's luggage. That was a fun trip. Damn Delta Airlines! I'm flying with them this trip. They better not do it again!

Ok, now I'm thinking about the dreaded Atlanta airport again. :shocked2:

Gotta go back to my happy place now. That's better! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom