Craigslist: "I NEED A SCUBA DIVER (NORTH JERSEY)"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, you'll never know. Here's what I think is goign to happen if you take this job. It's just like the movies...

The guy's pproposing to pay you $200 if you find his old watch. $100 if you don't. You take up the job and eventually find the watch but its mounted on a treasure chest. You haul up the entire chest and you end up with a bullet on your chest. He says thank you and throws you overboard with your $200. You get washed ashore half-dead. Next thing you know, you were out for a few weeks and being nurtured back to health by a gorgeous babe. It turns out that gorgeous babe was supposed to finish you off but had somehow fallen for you. Gorgeous babe is now being pursued by the baddies with you in tow. You manage to sneak out of the country and escape to the Honduras where you plan to live happily ever after with gorgeous babe. Flash-forward one year later. You find yourself running a busy dive shop in the Honduras with gorgeous babe. (Camera pans to a building window across the street from your dive shop): There is a dude smoking a cigarette by his window watching your dive shop and keeping an eye on you. Smoking dude nods his head, kills his cigarette, moves away from the window, and walks out of the room.

That's the end of the New Jersey arc of the story. Who wants to do the Honduras arc?

(Sorry, but I have too much time on my hands today. Ha, ha, ha!!)

I am pasting the owner of the lost item's (shotgun) e-mail to me further explaining the facts of the situation as well as the final resolution.

scott,

no luck and as of today its over.

at low tide the water level is only about 18 feet (as per my depth meter of the boat)

i have said it all along that i didn't lose the gun...(i know right where it is) i just cant reach it.

after about three feet you cant see anything. although the divers didn't try this but i think if they just sat down

they would find it. but they were worried about getting caught.

i figured it out today that i have put fourth about two thousand dollars worth of effort to recover a 800.00 shotgun

so i must drop this bad habit as of right now....shake it off and get on with my life.

as a side note your message board may get a kick out of seeing my kid with the gun I lost (not him)

please see the you tube link below ...

we call him "johnny gun

he shoots 5 different shotguns in the video. the one i lost is the all black one

put it up on your board to show the guys they might like it.

MAKE SURE YOU WATCH THE UPSIDE DOWN SHOT HE MAKES AT 30 SECONDS INTO THE VIDEO!!!

thanks for your interest and keep your head down....

john r shaw

YouTube - JOHNNY GUN TRICK SKEET SHOTGUN SHOOTING THUNDERSTRUCK
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqSzXhLt9vY

Cool video. If he knows exactly where it is, you should suggest to him trying to find a strong magnet (stereo speaker?) and try dragging for it himself. Then he'll only be out his own time, if he chooses to look.

I am pasting the owner of the lost item's (shotgun) e-mail to me further explaining the facts of the situation as well as the final resolution.

scott,

at low tide the water level is only about 18 feet (as per my depth meter of the boat)

i have said it all along that i didn't lose the gun...(i know right where it is) i just cant reach it.

after about three feet you cant see anything. although the divers didn't try this but i think if they just sat down

i figured it out today that i have put fourth about two thousand dollars worth of effort to recover a 800.00 shotgun

so i must drop this bad habit as of right now....shake it off and get on with my life.

as a side note your message board may get a kick out of seeing my kid with the gun I lost (not him)

we call him "johnny gun

he shoots 5 different shotguns in the video. the one i lost is the all black one

MAKE SURE YOU WATCH THE UPSIDE DOWN SHOT HE MAKES AT 30 SECONDS INTO THE VIDEO!!!

john r shaw

Wow! To be honest I did not bother to view. That lad has tremendous balance and poise. I can see him in an elite unit of the Army or Marines if he so chooses.

Awesome video!!!! What's with the thing at the end that says he has no access to guns for the next 1800+ days?

Awesome video!!!! What's with the thing at the end that says he has no access to guns for the next 1800+ days?

In that he is 12 years of age that is probaly the number of days until he turns 18 and can legaly purchase a firearm IMO. I will ask him though. With the current regime in office that could very well be in jeopardy...

scott,

we call him "johnny gun

john r shaw

If he wants an overweighted diver to sit down on the bottom to locate the gun he should recruit a PADI instructor or a newly minted PADI OW student. :rofl3:

The shotgun has been found!

(I'm not associated with this in any part of the recovery or video effort, I'm just posting the link)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom